2003 mach 1 NEED HELP! cylinder 5 misfire on startup

sfahr91

2003 mach 1

Well I just rescently bought my 03 mach 1 after wanting one for so long and about 4 days after buyin it the check engine light came on. So I scanned it and there was a code for misfire on start up the first 1000 Rpms cylinder 5 so I replaced cyl 5 coil and the code went away the light went out. 3 days later the code came back so I replaced the coil yet again and put all new plugs in, again the light went out I cleared the code. So today I was driving back to work and the light popped back on again! I scanned it same thing cyl 5 misfire on startup the first 1000rpms. So I need some feedback any ideas or thought what it might be or any suggestions of what to do?:??:

Last edited:

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
You could try swapping the injector and see if the code follows where you put the one from cylinder 5. Compression check also wouldnt be a bad call

sfahr91

thats what I was thinking too, I will definitly swap it around and check the code again. Im getting like 200 miles to a tank too, I know I should be getting more than that with normal driving so idk what the deal is. Also every now and then when I come to a stop the idle will dip to about 500rpms then come back up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread