2003 Ported Cobra vs 1971 468 big block Camaro

whipplecharged0

Established Member
One of my best friends purchased a 1971 Camaro yesterday. This car is absolutely beautiful. He said it has a 468 big block with heads, small cam, edlebrock intake and carb, and a turbo400 trans. We cruised around to a couple friends houses showing it to them and finally decided to head home around 11 lastnight. I knew I probably would never be able to beat the car if I didn't run him last night because he has plans to hook up a large shot of nitrous, so I was giving him hell on the phone about running me. After about ten minutes of talking I finally laughed at him and called him a WUSS and hung up on him knowing that would probably instigate him and low and behold it did. He rolled up beside me with us cruising about 65. I dropped to third and told him to take the hit, I let him jump out a car before I went and immediately stopped his pull and put 3-4 cars on him by the time I let out around 105-110. For what it is it is a very impressive car. Sadly though a year from now he will be coming back for revenge and hopefully I have my fuel system upgraded and nitrous installed by then..

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
Nice kill but needless to say if I was the camaro driver I would not be roll racing at 65mph w/ a turbo400 lol maybe a 30 roll?

whipplecharged0

Established Member
I would not have given him a 30 roll while on these dang street tires. I was surprised I didn't spin at 65 last night and he also said at 30 he blows the tires off

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
damn camaro looks stock lol... must not be a very radical BB...probably out of an RV...

nitrous set up should be interesting, but yea a highway pull on a T400 is pointless for him

whipplecharged0

Established Member
damn camaro looks stock lol... must not be a very radical BB...probably out of an RV...

nitrous set up should be interesting, but yea a highway pull on a T400 is pointless for him

No it's not a radical BB. Sounds very tame at idle and cruising. Car use to have nitrous and is begging for it again

Users who are viewing this thread