2003 Whipple (Black)

Tylerb59

Established Member
2003 Whipple / Solid (Black)

SOLD

$22,500.

It's difficult to find these cars with a brand new 3,000 mile drivetrain.

This is a car looking for the right buyer. It's the perfect solution to a turnkey 10 second street/strip car. All you need to do is make it track legal by installing a rollbar/harness and get yourself a fire jacket. The solid rear provides a great platform for launching hard, allowing wider tires and zero wheelhop.

I have not make any passes with the new drivetrain or solid rear installed, nor have I run drag radials.

614 RWHP / 570 RWTQ 10/28/08

Weighs 3,540lbs according to DOT truck scale.

Recently professionally buffed, ZERO scratches or swirls.

VIN: 1FAFP48Y73F435418

Brand new remanufactured longblock installed September 2008 AND BRAND NEW Whipple installed at the same time
  • 3,500 Miles, just changed oil
  • 3 yr/75,000 Warranty transferable to new owner

Power
  • Whipple 2.3L W140AX GenII
  • 3.25 Upper / Stock Lower = 20psi
  • 18* timing
  • 92 Octane
  • KB Boost-a-Pump
  • Sieman Deka 60# Injectors
  • PFAB Intercooler Resevoir (Polished)
  • SCT XCAL2
  • AFCO Heat Exchanger
  • LDC Head Cooling
  • MAC Prochamer
  • Magnaflow Catback /w Magnapacks

Drivetrain
  • 26 Spline Input Upgrade (Liberty)
  • Mcleod TOB Retainer
  • Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
  • SPEC Stage 3+
  • Pro 5.0 Shifter
  • UPR Triple Hook Clutch Quadrant
  • Steeda Firewall Adjuster
Solid rear
  • 31 Spline
  • 3.73 Gears
  • Koni adjustable shocks
  • Hotchkis control arms

Interior
  • SOS Guage Pod
  • Autometer Boost (2 1/6")
  • Autometer Fuel Pressure (2 1/6")
  • Sparco Sprint Seats w/Sparco Sliders, very comfortable yet snug.
  • Rear seat delete

Exterior
  • 10.5 Chrome Replicas
  • BRAND NEW Nitto 555 275 and Nitto 555 315 in rear
  • 15% Tint
  • Shorty Antenna
  • Removable front license plate bracket (connected to heat exchanger)
  • H&R SS Springs

50k chassis miles, nearly all new drivetrain. Serious inquires only, NO TRADES OFFERS -- NOT INTERESTED.

RE SEATS : I am making inquires to local Terminator owners to see if anyone wants to trade.

DYNO VIDEO
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkwoL0-Dkr0"]YouTube - 03 Whipple Cobra - 614rwhp[/ame]

Last edited:

Tylerb59

Established Member
No. I'm trying to find a local Terminator (in good condition) that would want to swap as I'm aware it would help sell the car.

I was preparing this car for a rollbar, harness and automatic transmission to go racing this year but have to stop short. The solid rear axle and seats shed around 300lbs from the stock/IRS setup and this is before tubular / coilover suspension. :)

This is the perfect car for someone who wants a 700+bhp / 10 second turn key hot rod.

The new setup hasn't seen the track or sticky tires and I work from home so I nearly ever drive it anymore. I used to commute 100 miles a day (UGH) and racked up a lot of chassis miles on the previous setup. It got a bit tired with the first Whipple after 2 1/2 years so I replaced with a new engine and new Whipple GENII blower, put 614rwhp down 800 miles on the engine after break in! :)

Last edited:

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Can vouch for car AND seller. Couldn't ask for a better guy to deal with or a more solid/facted car.
ZERO suprises for the new owner.

TTT!

Tylerb59

Established Member
PM Sent

Attached is video of the last dyno pull and I've attached the VIN to the top post for anyone to run the carfax.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkwoL0-Dkr0]YouTube - 03 Whipple Cobra - 614rwhp[/ame]

Tylerb59

Established Member
Fair point. My understanding from the Ford dealer I purchased it from that it's good to go, however on the stock engine the Whipple DOES void that warranty.

Fact of the matter though, there IS a warranty available on the engine from September 2008 forward when it was purchased and that's something very few Terminators have available (only reman or aluminators), if you were to install a stock supercharger.

I would not anticipate ever running into issues for a long while as it has been properly broken in and relatively conservative tune with timing. Treat her right and it will keep you happy for many years.

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
Fair point. My understanding from the Ford dealer I purchased it from that it's good to go, however on the stock engine the Whipple DOES void that warranty.

Fact of the matter though, there IS a warranty available on the engine from September 2008 forward when it was purchased and that's something very few Terminators have available (only reman or aluminators), if you were to install a stock supercharger.

I would not anticipate ever running into issues for a long while as it has been properly broken in and relatively conservative tune with timing. Treat her right and it will keep you happy for many years.

Interesting. True... if you treat these engines right, they will run forever. I've been running my whipple @ 19lbs (610 rwhp) for over 10,000 miles and she's been fine. :beer:

Good luck with the sale.

04_sccobra

Established Member
will you trade for first born kids? jk lol very nice car man wish I had the money good luck with the sale

nomanate

Established Member
nice car i have been looking for a cobra on craigslist, im in the tacoma area, i really like yours but im trying to get somthing that still has the IRS but still nice car.. TTT

Tylerb59

Established Member
SOLD

Congrats to Travis from Minnesota, the new owner put a deposit down several weeks ago and drove it home today. :)

Users who are viewing this thread