2003 ZX-5 SVT

islandmon

Established Member
Has anyone taken delivery on a 2003 SVT ZX-5 yet?

I'm thinking about snatching one that is coming in to our dealership on march 23rd and want some feedback.

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
Test drove a ZX5 the day before i bougt my ZX3. They seem almost the same, but the ZX5 doesnt feel nearly as neutral as the ZX3 and its (obviously) got a bit more body roll in corners.

It would be a pretty decent purchase if you really needed the extra room and wanted that sporty feel. If you dont have a growing family though, stick to the ZX3, its got alot more room than people give it credit for.

islandmon

Established Member
ZX-5

We've had our 2003 Cobra for almost a year now and love it so we thought we'd get the ZX-5 as our "sports utility vehicle".

We have an aging Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited which we are looking to replace. Why not have two SVT's in the garage. In fact, I'll be ready to replace my F-150 next year - why not add a 2004 Lightning then too!

I do imagine the ZX-5 has more body roll than the ZX-3. We really need the five doors. Compared with the 1997 Jeep though, the ZX-5 will handle like a Porsche!

Thanks for your help.

BTW: what discounts are dealers offering on SVT Foci?

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
Local dealer here isnt offering anything right now unless youve got the employee discount. It seems that Ford's advertised $3000 cash back or 0% APR is by dealer choice for SVT models.

rpwsrw

Established Member
there is no cash back on the 03 SVT Focus. There are rates though 2.9 for 36 months/ 3.9 for 48/4.9 for 60/5.9 for 72

ifyou're around kc, mo ill hook ya up on one.

islandmon

Established Member
Kansas City

When I was searching for one of the first 2003 Cobras, I ended up buying mine in Overland Park, not far from you. All the Torch Red convertibles produced in the first production run were spoken for but I found mine through the SVT forum.

There is a black ZX-5 coming to our local SVT dealership here in St. Petersburg, Florida that I have first dibs on so we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread