2004 bassani exhaust will fit 99 cobra?

marcul29

Established Member
I'm in the process of getting a 2004 bassani exhaust system for my car and I'm wondering if this is going to fit OK, any help will greatly appreciated.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Yup. I have that catback on mine. If you have the Billetflow diff brace, you've got to beat the shit out of the hangers with a hammer. If not, it should fit fine.

Ellik

Established Member
mine fits great. good to know about the billetflow brace though, cause I was thinking about picking one up. Any tricks to making it work?

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Ellik said:
mine fits great. good to know about the billetflow brace though, cause I was thinking about picking one up. Any tricks to making it work?

It's pretty simple. Hammer on the hanger on the exhaust so it angles up a bit. Test fit and see what's up. :pop:

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
the 99/01 catback has 3.5 inch tips the 03/04 has 4 inch. Pretty much the same thing.

zapman

Established Member
is that really the only difference are the bigger tips? seems kinda stupid they don't offer that for 99-01's! I always thought bassani were a straight through design?

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
i just got off the phone with bassani. The cobra kits come with single core completly straight through muffs. The GT kits come w/ dual core mufflers, where are more of a chamber and straight mix.

zapman

Established Member
sweet I was gonna say I thought I was right but then saw pics on mutiple online stores with mufflers that don't look to be a straight thru design! Gah I hope this cobra I'm gonna be looking at really is a good deal and they give me a good trade in on the 6 banger!

Users who are viewing this thread