2004 Black SVT Cobra for sale

Lord Warlock

Established Member
I'm selling my 2004 SVT Cobra - Florida
Black Exterior, Dark charcoal interior 51150 miles (its still my dd so it goes up daily) Optional chrome wheels. Mach multi CD Changer (it plays homemade CD's just fine)

Stainless Cobra lettering on back bumper,
JLT Ram Air Intake/filter
Magnaflow Stainless Catback (only months old)
Stock H pipe
LFP 2.80 pulley, new belt, new plugs, custom tune by HP Performance in Orange Park FL.
SCT x3 Handheld tuner with stock tune, street tune, and race tune in it.
Tinted Glass, tinted rear tail lights
Car has not been raced, only street driven to and from work, and occasionally across the state of Florida. I got the car at 23k miles, and average 7k miles a year.

New rear tires (Nitto 555) Fronts are about 8 months old and have over 50% tread left. A bearing went bad two weeks ago and caused the back tires to wear out, replaced with a better tire. New Brakes all four wheels-installed 3 weeks ago. New bearing and hub on the left rear wheel, last week. Serviced by Mike Shad Ford at the Avenues in Jacksonville, FL. Tuned by HP Performance in Orange Park FL. Drives excellent, just drove it to Pensacola and back last week (375 miles each way)

All electricals work perfect, drivetrain is tight and has no issues. Body has a couple small blemishes but no dents, no rust, no damage. Has a Colgan custom Bra on the front, in Carbon Fiber weave design. Bottom edge shows some wear from going over parking curbs, but no tears and fits great on front end.
Paint is glossy, almost no defects in paint, only ding was fixed last week.

Car still has 3 months left on the factory 6 year 75000 mile warranty, still good thru 7/2010.

firm price: $18,000.00
Title is not clear, i still owe a balance on the loan
Mature 48 year old owner since it had 23k miles.

I'm currently trying to buy another car, if noone responds i'll end up trading it in. I'd prefer it go to someone that appreciates what it is. I can have it brought back to stock, have all the parts to do so. Pics are available on request, inside, outside, odometer, front and rear and engine bay.

Nathan Gregory
Jacksonville, FL
904-260-7626
[email protected]

Last edited:

Lord Warlock

Established Member
Forgot to add, When it was tuned by Tony at HP Performance, he installed a MAFia to make sure it could breathe properly. I have the Graph/Dyno pull sheet that backs up the hp claims. It runs 12.8 lbs of boost. Only sees boost in 2nd and low 3rd gear, if i'm going to do anything thats where i'll most likely be heavy footed. Highway driven daily to work and back approx 6 miles.

To my knowledge, there have been 3 actual driving owners of the car, there are however a few wholesaler/auction owners on the carfax. All the passing around was over before i got it at 23k miles. For the last 28k miles the engine has been magnificient, the tranny not so, until it was rebuilt in June of 2009, under warranty by Ford. (MikeShadford.com)

What I've done in the 28k miles I've driven it:
1. New Halfshaft left rear axle, the seal broke and sprayed grease under the car undercarriage, found it when was replacing the first set of Kumhos. Installed Toyo Proxes.
2. Replaced the Clutch, Pressure plate and flywheel with stock Ford Units, Installed by Ford, I believe in 2008 would have to dig to find receipts, but Ford can show you the service record.
3. In June 2009, I had the transmission pulled and inspected, they found a full rebuild was necessary, replaced the 2nd 4th and 5th gear synchros, (they said 3rd was fine and ford wouldn't replace it too). Total warranty repairs for this was $3500.00

4. After the rebuild in mid june, the car drove from Jax FL to Memphis TN for a car club meet, It spent 1 evening at the drag strip there, on stock tires, regular tire pressure, and still had spare, jack and anything else bolted down in the car. I skipped burnouts since it doesn't do much for street tires, and the 1000 mile trip back with abused parts didn't excite me, I only ran a 13.43 with it, I chickened out, at high rpm's it still would "argue" going into 3rd and i won't force it. After i returned I did the adjuster fix found on this site, and finally have a car that shifts like a high performance car should, mechanical feeling but goes into 3rd gear with no problems at high rpm now.

5. Since i was trying to impress the club members by driving a ford to a Stealth/3000GT national event, I installed a Magnaflow Stainless catback exhaust on it. Sound is awesome, gurgles at low rpm, but if your foot deep in 2nd it starts to growl, in 3rd its loud enough for me but not obtrusive. I left the stock cats and Hpipe in place, it should pass any emissions tests, except possibly CA, the JLT is carb approved i believe, but the pulley may have an impact, i don't know we don't have emissions here. If you are interested in Originality, or prefer a different exhaust, i'll be happy to install the stock tailpipes and tips, welded to a pair of stainless magnaflows (identical to catback) sound is mellower but you probably lose a few hp. These had been installed in Dec 2008 (xmas to me) but after the custom tune and pulley i decided the catback was needed to flow as good as possible. You can have catback on and tips in trunk, but I keep the 2nd set of magnaflows...i'll put them on the new car.

6.) 3 Weeks ago, i could hear light scraping from the rims, sounded like a brake indicator tab rubbing the rotor, I took it in to a non ford shop to do brakes, they said rotors are fine didn't need replacing yet, calipers were within spec, so i just installed new Ford pads (dang they cost a lot). 2 weeks ago, i heard squealing from the rear wheel, i thought it was new brakes, but it turned out to the wheel bearing instead, I drove a week on a failing bearing, FORD replaced the whole hub and bearing under warranty. The week of driving on a bad bearing wore out the rear Proxes, I replaced them with NITTO 555's, a tire i use on my stealth turbo. All fluids checked on last service call.

I recently decided to get a more family friendly car for a few years, the dealers want it for free, i don't want to give it to someone who'll just overcharge someone else for it. Since the car was regularly serviced for the warranty coverage at Ford, I'm pretty sure any ford dealer could pull up the VIN and give you a copy of all the work done.

Now have a daughter of driving age, can't trust her in this one. Don't trust her boyfriends.

I am continuing my new car search while this ad is running, if a deal is made as a trade, i'll close the thread and leave notice. A fair deposit would be required to hold the car for up to a week, can't promise it will be around much longer.

Last edited:

Lord Warlock

Established Member
Photos were sent twice to the first requestor, 1 attempt to 2nd, if you've emailed me you should have received pics in the mail already. Enough time has passed for them to arrive. If not let me know. I can try with fewer pics attached to each. There should be about 9 pics attached to the emails i sent.
When i got the email, the first requestors email appeared in my junk mail folder if pics didn't arrive i suggest looking in that location on your pc.

Last edited:

jbur074

Established Member
my salesmen should be calling you today, called the bank and got approved for the loan, just gotta get my dealership to pay you and go pick it up to get it shipped here!

Lord Warlock

Established Member
Haven't got a call yet, but he may have called the house. I've had the cell with me all day. What was the name of your dealership? so i don't confuse it with messages from dodge salesmen trying to sell me new cars. If its a check from the dealership itself, i may try to see if they can send it to the ford dealer i service the car at, that way the car is available for pickup all day long and i know the check will be valid.

The weird thing is that i may have finally got all the kinks out and it could be a trouble free car for 5 years without putting a cent into it...kind of like my last two mustangs were. I hope so, it deserves a mustang enthusiast to enjoy it and take care of it. Plus It's nice to send the car to Texas, I'm originally from Beeville TX. (dad was a jet pilot there)

If the check does come in, i will stop driving the car while we wait for funds to clear the bank. at that point i wouldn't want to take a chance on the drivers here in Jacksonville (driving the daughters S10 pickup will be a disgrace though). The credit union says they will wait 10 days for a check to clear before transferring the title. But your dealership can pay the credit union the entire amount direct, and they'll payoff the loan and send me the difference.

Last edited:

jbur074

Established Member
yeah i guess thats how it will work, the check will be from my dealer. salesmen will contat you and get everything figured out sence technically their buying the car, i just had to find one i wanted!

Lord Warlock

Established Member
***Still For Sale***

Terms Negotiated and agreed to, BUT no deposit made, and silence for 2 days.

am opening it back up to others.

Lord Warlock

Last edited:

Lord Warlock

Established Member
Mr Clements if you posted from this ad, sorry, i couldn't send pictures to your work address, not without digital signing. I'll send pics if you want, if nothing other than to show what 18k buys today. But it will have to be a different address than the DOD one you have...too much security to send attachments into it. (i'm not digitally signed)

Last edited:

Lord Warlock

Established Member
Sent pics out to other interested parties, just in case the initial deal falls thru. If you didn't get them email me again and i'll send them out.

Lord Warlock

Established Member
Two days have gone by, no word from the first party. I'm willing to give another day or two before i open it up to other parties, I haven't received a deposit to hold the vehicle from anyone yet. I would like to sell this quickly as I have other deals to complete myself. In another week i'll be looking at trading it again and i'll start bringing it back to stock.

Lord Warlock

Established Member
that won't be a problem. Odometer is shown in the pics, I already have the payoff up until the 15th. stupid norton is blocking my sending email with all the pics attached, will have to split it up to two.

Update: 4/8 first party that called has not followed thru, and has not contacted me in several days, have to open it back up to everyone. Car is still for sale, still needing a new home.

Lord Warlock

Last edited:

1994svtblack

Established Member
im interested i have a 94 black cobra with a new 306 motor with the trickflow top end kit, new tranny, new rear end, new paint about two years ago, i have black and chrome cobra r's, full exhaust, 03/04 cobra black and tan seats, its lowered ill do cash on top if the price is right let me know
843-298-0344

Lord Warlock

Established Member
Sorry, don't need a trade, trying to buy a new car, need cash for the downpayment.

MGW shifter is now off the car, still goes with it, but I reinstalled the stock shifter, shifts smoother now but has looong throws.

Pics should have gone out to everyone, if you haven't received them, let me know.

Last edited:

Lord Warlock

Established Member
Pictures are on the way to Georgia, both parties. Lawnmower, i've sent one out to you too, not sure if it will sneak under my firewall limitation, if i get it back, i'll split it to two like the others and send it on.

Car is now advertised at this site, and Autotrader, and Vehix. Its the cheapest at this mileage in both autotrader and vehix. I am trying to offer a fair deal to someone looking for a fairly dependable car that shouldn't break even if played with. Can take a whole lot more modification if you want to run blistering quarter miles, i've only improved the daily driving abilities looks and sounds. The rest is up to the next owner. The faster you go the more parts you usually replace.

Lord Warlock

Established Member
There is an ad on autotrader.com and Vehix.com that has pictures in it, all you need to do is go and search for it, its the only black 04 cobra for sale in Jacksonville for 18k.

Lord Warlock

Users who are viewing this thread