2004 Chevy showing not ready for inspection

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
I had a code come up last week because of a malfunctioning MAF sensor. Problem is repaired and light reset itself. Truck is showing "Not Ready" for catalyst, O2 sensor, and Evap. Do I just have to drive it to reset sensors that weren't even replaced or malfunctioning before?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
google the driving cycle required to set those certain readiness monitors.

turn a two week process into a 20min one. Its usually something stupid, like go from stop to 55mph within 15 seconds, hold 55mph to within 3-5mph for 10min, then drop down to a stop within 15 seconds.

Thats what I finally resorted to doing after our Tiburon wouldnt run the o2 readiness monitor after 2mo, we just never did a driving cycle like that to do it. Found the cycle and had it passed the next day.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
NO! If you clear the code it restarts the whole process. Usually it takes a minimum of 50 miles to reset everything. I have a chevy that my GF commutes with. Car was well over 100 miles and still not resetting. I ended up just having the car tuned.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Thanks for the help guys. Did what was suggested and it passed. Evap didn't show ready but I'm allowed 1.

Users who are viewing this thread