2004 Cobra 2.3 whipple first time out.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Picked this car up a few weeks ago and wanted to get a baseline.

Quick run down of mods.

Gen 2 2.3 whipple with 3.0 upper
60's/bap/mafia
jlt fender
killer chiller
170*
26 spline w/ mcleod twin disk
3.73's
oem rims w/ 26x11.5x17 et streets
eibach springs
mm cc
subframes
full weight 260lb driver

Camera is mounted to dome light and is a drift hd

All runs outside temps were in the mid 80's iat2's between 100-110 da roughly 2500. 30-45 mins between runs. 16 psi tire pressure

First pass was just a feeler and a 3k slip
1.78 60ft
[email protected]

Car felt good, always fun with street tires in the front and bias ply in the rear.

2nd pass I decided to leave a little harder, car spun a little and got out of groove had to slightly lift.

1.82 60ft
[email protected]

3rd pass I decided to leave a little more aggressive around 4k slight slip, spun but was the fastest of the day.

1.68 60ft
7.38@99 the bike I ran went 6.9 @ 106

4th pass I tried a 5k dump, wasn't happy but still decent.
1.76 60ft
[email protected]

As the car sits and a little more time finding the sweet spot on the launches and the aid to cooler weather it's definitely a bottom 7 to high 6 in it.

[youtube_browser]R8j2eEdu9E8[/youtube_browser]

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Nice driving! Was this at panama city drag way? You going to have this car out there for beach bash? Did you try any passes without the killer chiller? I'd think with the compressor running and the level only to 1 you wouldn't be pumping enough cold air to benefit..

SneakyPete

Banned
Nice driving! Was this at panama city drag way? You going to have this car out there for beach bash? Did you try any passes without the killer chiller? I'd think with the compressor running and the level only to 1 you wouldn't be pumping enough cold air to benefit..

Did you get that info from your dad when he raced his car thats in your sig pic?

Nice runs OP. should be a mid 11 sec car around 125ish.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Did you get that info from your dad when he raced his car thats in your sig pic?

Nice runs OP. should be a mid 11 sec car around 125ish.

What an idiot..yea I got that info from my dad :shrug: You make no sense at all. My car doesn't have a killer chiller..Like mentioned above there is a cobra bash here in Florida in November I would ask you to come unfortunately wankster escalades arent invited, and you own nothing svt, still not sure why you're here...

Last edited:

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
Anyway.....Bobby, nice runs, and a clean car. You are champ at KC installs now! Now you understand how hard I had to drive my old (hot as balls) KB 2.2 to the time I did.

You up your boost, dial in that launch you have 6's man. Congrats! More vids!!! Any vids of the car from the stands?

That clutch seems to work excellent....:)

Last edited:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member

Thanks man, and yes this was at Panama. I will be there in this car for the bash as well.

I have the h/e deleted. My previous cobra had the best results running bypassed h/e, it back doored 32mph in 1/4th out of an eaton. The killer chiller isn't affected by the fan speed of the ac nor is it running while WOT. It's working the same as an iced tank, cold water to start typically in the 50's at the res tank and that is ran through the pass. IAT2's never went over 115 and were typically 110 at the end of the run. I have everything insulated rather well this time around and didn't notice any ac drip either. :beer: The car needs more than 17 psi and with some of the changes I made it wouldn't hurt to have this tune cleaned up, however, it will be getting more boost. I'd like to be in the 6.7 @ 105 range with this 2.3 in good conditions with about 19-20 psi on the 2.3 and some torco in the tank.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Cheater hahahaha. Here you go upping the boost, running Torco, big and littles lol.. No more street car fun hahahaha

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Cheater hahahaha. Here you go upping the boost, running Torco, big and littles lol.. No more street car fun hahahaha

If it's got tags and registration, and the tires are DOT its steet car fun! lol.. Man we gotta get the 4 of us together (03snkbt, Spyder, 98saleen, and I) Would make for an awsome street war..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
LOL I'd need more power to keep up lol!! Ehh maybe not.. 4.10's do make a big difference on the hit and since I can only do a 50-125 it's over rather quickly lol

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
LOL I'd need more power to keep up lol!! Ehh maybe not.. 4.10's do make a big difference on the hit and since I can only do a 50-125 it's over rather quickly lol

What gear do you do your pulls in? 50mph I need to see where I'm at, think It'd be a high second gear, but would spin still on the radials. Might have to just play with it.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Well Is anyone else free to be at the Oct 12th Dyno For Kurt (03snkbt) @ XXX? Going to try to throw mine on for mental support of being safe through the revised remote tune since the Dyno.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
That friday this guy has to work... You were trapping 110, going to need more than a pulley swap on my end to make that a race haha. However at the track day I would like to run you and maybe even get a little side bet going on a grudge match :)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Spyder I'm assuming you're talking to Trail93.

I should be there on the 12th, but I'll probably have my son with me, so no racing for me

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Spyder I'm assuming you're talking to Trail93.

I should be there on the 12th, but I'll probably have my son with me, so no racing for me

Yes, you i'm not as worried about. We should be a lot closer and make for an interesting race. He's got a 140 mph car, I do not, yet. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread