2004 Cobra Single 76 Turbo Auto SRA 9.19@154

KingKiller

Established Member
2004 Cobra Single 76 Turbo Auto SRA 9.19@154 813rwhp

Hi guys,

The short version: 04 Cobra with a Precision 76, Built 4R75W, Solid Rear Axle. I've driven the car two hours to the track, swapped the rear wheels and tires, ran 9.19@154, swapped the tires back, and drven two hours home without a hiccup. With a fresh set of tires and a little more boost this car would be a serious contender for Hot Rod's Drag Week small block power adder class. Made 813rwhp on a peak boost of 23.8lbs and could make more.

EDIT 3/15/2015: I've received a lot of questions about returning the car to "street" trim. I'd like to be forthright and say that this car is closer to a race car that can be driven on the street than a street car that can be raced. Are there things that can be done to make it more "streetable?" Absolutely. I'd recommend replacing the solid suspension components with urethane, and installing an automatic valvebody and a US Shift kit to replace the manual valvebody that's in there now. Unfortunately, things like the A/C, ABS, airbags, and rear seat would require extensive work to reinstall, and I would not recommend the car to anyone looking for any of those things. That said I'm lowering the price to $19k. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

The long version: It's a 2004 Redfire Cobra with just under 47,167 miles on it. The turbo kit is the On3 performance hotside leading up to a Precision 7675 turbo and a custom downpipe that flares out to 4" and dumps under the car. I have the On3 after-turbo parts in case someone wants to quiet it down on the street. This car is a monster street car with loads of power.

Race weight this past year was 3165 with me in the car (175lbs) so the car is quite light.

Timeslip below, 9.19@154 with a 1.37 60ft on a set of used Hoosier 28x10s. Backed it up with a 9.21@152. I expect nothing less than 8's out of the car with a fresh set of 28x10.5s, it has the MPH to get the job done, just need to bring the boost in sooner.

Rear suspension:
Double adjustable UPR upper control arms
Double adjustable Comp End lower control arms
Viking double adjustable coilover shocks

Front suspension:
UPR k-member
Strange 10-way adjustable front struts, coilover kit

Engine <4,000 miles:
Teksid block, diamond piston, stock crank and rods, built by Karl's East Coast Speed
Stock heads redone
All ARP hardware
Mach 1 intake manifold
Sean Hyland cams
BBK Throttle body

Transmission:
Built 4R75W (Lentech copy) with Fully Manual Valvebody. Electronic O/D and Lockup and Transbrake -B&M ratchet shifter

Rearend:
8.8 w/Moser spool, 31 spline Moser axles, welded tubes, c-clip eliminators, Ford Racing diff cover, ARP wheel studs, 3.31 gears

Fuel:
Custom ~16 gallon fuel cell mounted through the trunk. Twin Bosch 044 pumps, -8 supply -6 return setup. Fore rails and Ford Racing 80lb flow matched injectors. Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator.

Wheels:
Billet Specialties 15x10 15x4 with MT 325/50 drag radials on the rear. Spare set of Weld rear drag wheels with Hoosier 28x10 slicks for the track.

Interior:
Corbeau seats, reclining and sliding. eBoost 2 boost controller, wideband o2, Trans Temp gauge, Line-lock, Transbrake, rear seat delete. Mach 1 auto pedals.

Engine Management:
Factory computer with SCT tune by Karl's East Coast Speed.

Electric water pump
a/c delete
Roll-bar with swing-out/removable bars
5 point harness
ATI harmonic damper
TCI flexplate
battery shutoff switch (battery has been moved to the trunk)

If you have any questions feel free. Body-wise the car is in good shape, though there is a small crack in the paint on the hood.

$20k

PRICE LOWERED 3/15/2015: $19k

Link to album with recent pictures: https://picasaweb.google.com/115532709498991208440/LatestCobra?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCL3Mre7m6qKfdA&feat=directlink

9.1 pass at the track
[video=youtube;dsMHTEFitCg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsMHTEFitCg[/video]

pump gas (697rwhp) vs 680rwhp Novi supercharged Boss 302 grudge match
[video=youtube;5xa_JMp9zV4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xa_JMp9zV4[/video]

Dyno on 20lbs 757rwhp
[video=youtube;5Zi5yQEVXRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zi5yQEVXRI[/video]

Last edited:

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
3165 with driver! wow! That's light! What else is removed? Stereo components? Bumper supports?

KingKiller

Established Member
3165 with driver! wow! That's light! What else is removed? Stereo components? Bumper supports?

Good question. Front and rear bumper support (rear has a support bracket). Sub and amps have been removed from the back though I still have it. Corbeau seats help a lot. So does the aluminum block. I think the whole turbo setup is a little lighter than the factor blower setup too. The solid axle certainly helps. Despite the mild steel roll bar and the automatic trans I still managed to get the weight way down though. I didn't see a need for them so I got rid of the windshield wiper motors, a/c, ABS, and air bags. Hopefully that gives some idea that this is more of a street/strip car and less of a street car. It does still have the heater core for those cold fall days when you're driving 2 hours to the track ;)

KingKiller

Established Member
Added a couple more photos to the album along with some vids. Also forgot to mention that the car made 813rwhp on a peak boost of 23.8lbs

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
This combo gives me great hopes for my current build! Some one is getting a hell of ALOT of car for the money here!
Where did you mount your controller? Didn't see it in the interior pics?

KingKiller

Established Member
This combo gives me great hopes for my current build! Some one is getting a hell of ALOT of car for the money here!
Where did you mount your controller? Didn't see it in the interior pics?

Oh man I'm glad you asked, this is one of my favorite parts about the car! I mounted the eboost2 on the top of the dash just to the left of the steering wheel. I'll get a picture of it up asap. It's my favorite part BECAUSE I wired it into the cruise control buttons on the factory steering wheel so that when you hit the top cruise button it moves you up a boost level, and when you hit the bottom cruise control button it moves you down a boost level. You can have 6 different boost levels with the eboost2. I love it cause I can change the boost on the fly. For the track, I plug in a relay that connects the Transbrake button to the n2mb 2-step AND the boost controller, so you can set your launch rpm AND launch boost level. A quick change to the boost controller programming so that it ramps boost in over time automatically so that all you have to do is floor the gas, let go of the button, and shift thr shifter. I think it's about as advanced as you can get without going to a standalone.

MTBSully

Established Member
Oh man I'm glad you asked, this is one of my favorite parts about the car! I mounted the eboost2 on the top of the dash just to the left of the steering wheel. I'll get a picture of it up asap. It's my favorite part BECAUSE I wired it into the cruise control buttons on the factory steering wheel so that when you hit the top cruise button it moves you up a boost level, and when you hit the bottom cruise control button it moves you down a boost level. You can have 6 different boost levels with the eboost2. I love it cause I can change the boost on the fly. For the track, I plug in a relay that connects the Transbrake button to the n2mb 2-step AND the boost controller, so you can set your launch rpm AND launch boost level. A quick change to the boost controller programming so that it ramps boost in over time automatically so that all you have to do is floor the gas, let go of the button, and shift thr shifter. I think it's about as advanced as you can get without going to a standalone.

THAT, is cool.

Hell of a lot of car for the money. I wouldnt let my turbo car go for anywhere near this price. Bump for you!

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
Can vouch for this seller and this car... very good deal for this car. Alot of time and money invested in this rocketship. GLWS clarky.

Users who are viewing this thread