2004 Cobra vs 2007 Ninja ZX6R

applecarguy

Established Member
the cobra has 500whp and the Ninja i believe has a -1/+2 gearing and exhaust. My buddy is still pretty new to riding bikes and I think he hit the rev limiter at one point but either way i thought it was a good little run. He was slightly behind me maybe like 1/2 a car and took off so I punched it.

[youtube_browser]YXj-lex-8pg[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

5.4ever

Crawling before Walking
Established Member
Nice!!! I had both of these at one point, and the outcome shouldve been a little wider witha good rider

the 07-08 zx6r are the slowest of the 600s in the last 10 years... But still way faster than a 500hp cobra. Mine hade 480 rwhp and my bike was stock other than a slip on... beat my bro(he was in my cobra) by about 8 car lenghts

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Nice!!! I had both of these at one point, and the outcome shouldve been a little wider witha good rider

the 07-08 zx6r are the slowest of the 600s in the last 10 years... But still way faster than a 500hp cobra. Mine hade 480 rwhp and my bike was stock other than a slip on... beat my bro(he was in my cobra) by about 8 car lenghts

He's fairly new to riding. Good run though:beer:

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member

If you dont touch a single thing on it off the show room floor. Exhaust butterfly and a jumpermod and it is right there with the rest of them.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Good race there, he didn't pull 2 hard. I ran a newer cbr600 and 2 of the runs he ran dead even with me. It was a couple tune revisions after my 552 dyno pull so I'm sure it was making more power.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Instances like this make me wonder just how new and experienced do people actually start riding on the road? I'm still a new rider, and I saw A LOT wrong with that video. Dude wasn't even tucking FFS! :nonono:

To each their own, but that's a pitiful example of a 600 anything. :lol:

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Instances like this make me wonder just how new and experienced do people actually start riding on the road? I'm still a new rider, and I saw A LOT wrong with that video. Dude wasn't even tucking FFS! :nonono:

To each their own, but that's a pitiful example of a 600 anything. :lol:

Didnt you just dump your 600 in a parking lot :dw:

JBird_Cobra

Established Member
If you dont touch a single thing on it off the show room floor. Exhaust butterfly and a jumpermod and it is right there with the rest of them.

^^ That plus the gearing change and that bike is no different than any other 600, possibly even faster.

Didnt you just dump your 600 in a parking lot :dw:

Yeah but just like most new riders they know how to tuck and go 150 mph :dw:

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
^^ That plus the gearing change and that bike is no different than any other 600, possibly even faster.

Yeah but just like most new riders they know how to tuck and go 150 mph :dw:

Yup, I race(d) one. After the exhaust valve is pinned open and you jumper the pump to put it on the Euro map it puts out what all the others do. Best thing about the ZX6R is the transmission makes you a superstar.

Users who are viewing this thread