2004(?)Evo 8 v 01 Bullitt

GABULLITT3170

Established Member
Well yesterday I was on my way home from college and i was just cruising down the road and up behind me comes a red evo 8. He pulls up to next to me and on the way to getting up to me he punches it a few times so i could here the turbo. Well long story short it turns about to be one of my good friends and we happened to be on the same road far far from our houses. so i call him up bc we always wanna race and we have a long stretch ahead of us. i tell him lets go from 35-120 and see how it goes bc we raced a few times before kinda messing around but this time we wanted to see who would really win. we slow down i honk three times and we both punch it. at first i pulled about half a car and then he caught up and he pulled half a car and then we got right next to eachother again and then we hit 120ish maybe a little more and stopped. we called eachother again and he was like damn i though i would take you lol. so we then called it even and now more than ever am i proud of my bullitt. sorry for the long story guys just a little excited. I love my BULLITT!!:banana::beer:

JoePac

Established Member
Well yesterday I was on my way home from college and i was just cruising down the road and up behind me comes a red evo 8. He pulls up to next to me and on the way to getting up to me he punches it a few times so i could here the turbo. Well long story short it turns about to be one of my good friends and we happened to be on the same road far far from our houses. so i call him up bc we always wanna race and we have a long stretch ahead of us. i tell him lets go from 35-120 and see how it goes bc we raced a few times before kinda messing around but this time we wanted to see who would really win. we slow down i honk three times and we both punch it. at first i pulled about half a car and then he caught up and he pulled half a car and then we got right next to eachother again and then we hit 120ish maybe a little more and stopped. we called eachother again and he was like damn i though i would take you lol. so we then called it even and now more than ever am i proud of my bullitt. sorry for the long story guys just a little excited. I love my BULLITT!!:banana::beer:

:bs::bs:My brother has a evo 8 and my best friend has a bullit. The bullit goes down on all occassions.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Yeah Id say maybe a stock Evo? My 03 Evo had a few mods including cams along with the other bolt on's and I would pull Stangs easily.

bansheewild88

Established Member
^ yea regular stangs probably not ur cobra lmao im glad i bought a cobra over a evo so much so much so fn much faster.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Actually when my Cobra had just bolt ons, I was on the freeway and my wife was in the Evo, she got the jump from 3rd gear and it took me until mid 5th to finally pass her. From a dig, my Evo was pretty quick, I could usually beat our Z06 1/4 mile, but it would be coming up really hard. ID do miss the AWD and smashin people off the line, but the Cobra on some good tires like some et streets did the same thing :)

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
My Stock turbo EVO IX surprised the hell out of a lot of Cobra owners. I now have a 2003 pullied Cobra and It would be a damn close race between my 2 cars.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Evo IX's are pretty crazy. I think people underestimate Evo's even from a roll. One of my friends (a member here) was running low 12's in his IX with just a TBE and reflash.

GABULLITT3170

Established Member
hey everyone well i will get it on video next time since no one wants to believe me lol but the evo is stock and i have a cai, catback, short throw, and x pipe. of the line he would kill me though bc i dont have tires that will grip at all. but i also think he needs a driver mod so who knows?

GABULLITT3170

Established Member
yes i know it was an evo 8 and not a lancer ex bc it is my good friends car and i have driven it. I will say though the evo feels faster i guess its not i think that is bc the turbo keeps pushing the car harder and harder where i get he initial pull and get used to it. idk though? no putting his car down at all i was just posting a neck and neck race story.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
sounds like a good run. I must say that I think the EVO should have the upper hand in that kind of race IMHO. Driver mod must be in your car....nicely done.

Users who are viewing this thread