2004 GT questions

wudekstyle

Established Member
Mt friend, who previously owned a beat up 97 Accord all of the sudden went out and bought himself a 2004 Mustang GT. Everybody around me is getting newer cars.:( But my questions are: what kind of numbers are these things pushing at the dyno and at the track? I figure maybe while he can't drive right, (first 5 speed car) I can slip a win past him...probably not, but worth a shot....Also, I drove it a few miles and just like my friend's 2001 Cobra and his old 97Camaro 2? Anniversary Edition, I was not impressed. The speed is the only thing I like about any of them, there is horrible visibility and it feels like a boat, not to mention the akward shifter. My hair was rubbing on the headliner and I'm only 5'11", he's 6'1" so I don't know he is going to like it in the long run...not hating on your cars, just saying not my cup of tea. They look nice if lowered, but I don't think I could drive one everyday.

wudekstyle

Established Member
I understand. I'm sorry, I didn't mean for my comments to take up my whole post. I was just wondering what numbers they're pushing at the track and dyno. Thanx.

joegt38

Established Member
An 04 GT runs anywhere between 13.8-14.2, depending on the driver. I personaly seen a stock 03GT pull the 13.8 on a few occasions, but he can drive like a mutha f@cker.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
It will put down around 230rwhp and 275lbs of torque at the wheels. If driven correctly, it should be well over a second faster in the 1/4 than a stock SVT Contour.

With gears, exhaust, and a few other light mods he could be dangerously close to the 12's....:beer:

wudekstyle

Established Member
Wow, that's awesome, I didn't think the GTs were that quick. Looks like no luck even if he misses a shift huh.:D Thanx guys, I appreciate it. I think I need to slap on a SF turbo now....no, I'll just get a WRX in a few years and one up him. I don't think he's going to mod it, but you never know, once you get your hands on something worth modding you go crazy, well at least I do...:beer:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I don't know why your head is hitting the headliner unless you have REALLY long spikey hair. I'm 6' 1", and drive them all the time and I don't hit. You can lower the seat. After a year or two of the hood scoops on the GT's ford raised the seats some because people were complaining that it restricted viewing. They don't handle great, muscle cars aren't designed to. But springs, shocks, and a couple other small things can make a night and day difference. Gears, exhaust, and other small bolt-ons won't get you in the 12's but will give you a mid 13 second daily driver.

But I do suggest exhaust, shifter and gears though as mods whether he races or not. It'll make day to day driving a lot more fun.

wudekstyle

Established Member
nope, no long spikey hair here. Oh well, must've had the seat higher. but yeah, he probably won't be modding it anytime soon. He doesn't even "fit" the car, it's funny seeing him drive it. That's not the reason I say he won't be modding it though, there are other factors that would make a long story and personal info. Oh well, thanx guys, I appreciate it.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread