2004 GT Suspension

GBNFG 03 DSG

Established Member
I bought the car w/64K,and the suspension is well worn out. I would like to replace it, but I dont want to break the bank. Is there a good suspension out there, or should I just replace it w/stock parts? I appreciate the time.

GBNFG 03 DSG

Established Member
Shocks, struts, springs and the bushings. I would like to get as much of the suspension changed as possible.

GBNFG 03 DSG

Established Member
Weekend. I am basicly trying to make it a nice ride for my boys when they turn 16. As it sits, it sways to the left and right and bounces around like a trampoline.

spike_africa

Established Member
With 64k its that bad? Weird....

For a daily driver or weekend fun car I can't see going lower then 1.25" like Steeda Sport Springs and some decent KYB shocks and struts, done deal and not to expensive and will ride good.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Shocks and struts are really a persons personal preference. If your going with lowering springs I'd get a bumpsteer kit. They say you don't need one unless you lower it a certain amount, but I'd get one. Thats the number one complaint I ever hear from people is how much bumps makes the car bounce from side to side. As for bushings, polyurethane all the way to make things more forgiving.

I'd also highly recomend a set of subframe connectors, they are fairly cheap and do wonders for the rigidity of the car.

Upper/Lower control arms, sway bars, coilovers, the options are limitless. If your staying fairly cheap you dont need all that, but the suspension works together and if you leave a weak link you could possibly still feel it. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread