2004 mach 1 with 2003 supercharged svt cobra motor

Kennedy jay

Established Member
What's up guys, first post in this most awesome forum..
I just bought a 2004 mach 1 , great body, perfect interior, and the last owner saw fit to remove the mach motor and install a 2003 supercharged svt cobra engine..runs well, idles great, but goes major lean with boost. Figuring no tune on the factory mach ecm.
Question is, should I just go with a cobra Q ecm made for the supercharger. Or would an aftermarket alternative be appropriate? New to the 4.6, but have a semi built 94 cobra convertible to help share the garage. I know the systems are night and day different, so any advice appreciated..

Last edited:

Recon

Established Member
If you’re not shooting for the moon power-wise I’d just install a Terminator PCM. Still can’t wrap my head around installing a boosted engine in a car and not tuning it.

Pick your poison.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Really should compression test it, hard to see it not being hurt, if truly never tuned. Good luck with the ride OP.

Kennedy jay

Established Member
Well, the guy had to sell the car for personal reasons.. so it wasn't really driven at all. Comp test turned out ok.. the boost was bypassed so it could gently be driven home..
And no,, not going for high numbers,, just a very cool car to play with.
I'm ordering a new engine harness just to make sure, and a terminator ecm today... Will install later this week.

Users who are viewing this thread