2004 TT Cobra

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
I have decided to put my twin turbo car up for sale. With a 2.5 year old and an 8 month old, I just don't have time for it anymore. The car has a ton of equipment on it and would cost quite a bit to replicate. Im not a fan of putting the pricing next to the options b/c most of you guys already know what these things cost, so here goes...

2004 Cobra, 5k miles
VT 324 Big bore motor with all billet internals (freshend up as VT installed the sleeves incorrectly with a new Boss 5.0 block and no sleeves)
HP Twin 67mm turbo kit
Built T56
Aeromotive return style fuel system (eliminator pump) with 60lb injectors
Spec 5 clutch
DSS level 5 rear end
IRS brace and bushings
Baer eradispeed rotors
Custom water tank in the trunk
Kenny Brown Matrix system
4pt roll bar
NX wet kit
Greddy profec Spec B boost controller
18x10,18x9 black Saleen Replica's

There is always a little bad cosmetically even with the low miles. There is a crack about 6 inches long on the hood. Most likely from being pushed around in the shop where it has spent most of its time. The 3rd brake is cracked, again probably from being pushed around. I also noticed that whenever the guy was welding the roll bar, he kindly let some of the sparks hit the passenger seat, so there are a few spots on that seat.

The new motor has a little over a 100 miles on it and seems to be doing fine.

Asking $35,000 obo....will consider trades, but it needs to be at least $20k cash plus trades.

Can email pics on request as i do not have any hosted on the net.

Last edited:

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
Pics? Dyno #s? I've really been thinking about selling my car and just buying something already done.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
sorry for the delay in getting up pics...here you go
2004cobra010small.jpg

2004cobra005small.jpg

2004cobra005small.jpg

2004cobra007small.jpg

2004cobra008small.jpg

2004cobra012small.jpg

2004cobra006small.jpg

Last edited:

Nickerz

wh1plsh
Established Member
I've got a whipple 2.3 car with roughly 27K on it in GREAT condition.

Subframes
Tein shocks
Steeda drop
MGW shifter
IRS brace
ARP headbolts
Billet Pulleys
Cams
Cooling mod
26 spline input shaft and McLeod RXT
Adjustable TOB
Overflow Tank
Catch Can
Diamond or CP pistons (don't remember, bought it built)
Billet pulleys
Twin Ford GT pumps
Innovate Wideband on the column
10.5 replicas in back with BRAND new Nitto 555Rs
Bassani midlengths, Offroad X, Steeda (quiet borla) catback
Cross drilled and slotted front and back rotors

Let me know what you would want in addition to it in cash and we might be able to figure something out. HOWEVER. I want to be straight with you. I don't think the car is worth 35K. Its a nice car, but VegasSEs old car (the flat black, 1000hp BALLS TO THE WALL build) sold in the 30s.

Let me know what you'll take and take some time cruising around threads of turbo cars selling (look for successful sales) and PM me.

You can flip my car VERY easily because buyers will only need to pull a little additional out of pocket to finance. I also honestly am not ready to roll right now, but I probably would in a couple months. But I'm just throwing it out there as an option for you.

GLWS man. I'm sure the car is a monster. Numbers?

Last edited:

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
I've got a whipple 2.3 car with roughly 27K on it in GREAT condition.

Subframes
Tein shocks
Steeda drop
MGW shifter
IRS brace
ARP headbolts
Cooling mod
26 spline input shaft and McLeod RXT
Adjustable TOB
Overflow Tank
Catch Can
Diamond or CP pistons (don't remember, bought it built)
Billet pulleys
Twin Ford GT pumps
Innovate Wideband on the column
10.5 replicas in back with BRAND new Nitto 555Rs
Bassani midlengths
Offroad X
Steeda (quiet borla) catback
Cross drilled and slotted front and back rotors

Let me know what you would want in addition to it in cash and we might be able to figure something out. HOWEVER. I want to be straight with you. I don't think the car is worth 35K. Its a nice car, but VegasSEs old car (the flat black, 1000hp BALLS TO THE WALL build) sold in the 30s.

Let me know what you'll take and take some time cruising around threads of turbo cars selling (look for successful sales) and PM me.

You can flip my car VERY easily because buyers will only need to pull a little additional out of pocket to finance. I also honestly am not ready to roll right now, but I probably would in a couple months. But I'm just throwing it out there as an option for you.

GLWS man. I'm sure the car is a monster. Numbers?

Thanks for the interest, but I'm not sure I would trade for another cobra. Im familiar with the values and what these are selling for right now, but very few have only 5k miles on their chassis as well. Not sure what VegasSE had in addition to his car that mine does not, but with the 80lb injectors and C16 my car should make over 1000rwhp on boost alone. Anyways, I have yet to receive a cash offer to consider, so we'll see. No new numbers yet as I'm trying to get a few miles on the motor before dyno. Let me know what you might offer in addition to your car and we might be able to work something out.

Nickerz

wh1plsh
Established Member
I do market research for a living so this is a pretty honest offer.

First ground rules
-Excluded Comp Orange since that color commands a premium
-Rebuilt, Salvage, Flood etc exluded
-Verts are excluded since they sell for less money and are harder to move
-Looked for turbo cars with T56 & IRS (desired more, even though you'll eventually have to swap to a SRA & auto to put down the power)
-Zinc yellow excluded

Verified Assumptions
-10th cars\04 vs 03 makes no difference in heavily modified builds
-Redfire moves slower, Sonic moves faster - but neither has additional value

Method
-Since finding sales data for a turbo car is going to be difficult, since only a couple sell per year, we're going to have to first find a mileage correction to address any cars selling with higher mileage to correct them.

10K mile whipple
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...2-3l-whipple-coupe-10-900-miles-25k-firm.html
Good comparible car since it has SSRs but no shortblock work. So this is a good baseline on the influence of mileage on the value of a whipple car.

27K mile similar build to mine
FS: 2003 Cobra, 27K, Whipple 2.3, and etc.

Roughly 12 cents per mile as a correction factor for mileage.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum.../756381-fs-03-cobra-hellion-single-turbo.html
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ire&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a
$2400 mileage correction = 28,400
Assuming we trade hoods and passenger seats

I would prefer to keep my rims (replica 03 9 & 10.5s) , but that is a small issue of preference.

So I would be trading you my car, plus $5400 cash. You in turn should be able to flip my car for $23K +\- in short order. This will help bring the car you're selling closer to financing value. It should be no more than $5000 apart IMO. That way a buyer can finance the car with $5K out of pocket (possibly less), not unreasonable. With your car as it sits, since mileage has a low correcting factor in NADA\KBB (super low mileage cars are desirable, but they aren't properly factored into formulas for NADA etc) you're talking about a buyer that might have to come up with close to $10K to finance the car.

I did this in about 15-20 minutes, so if we're not a mile apart I would have to refine this to bring down any variability in my research for the value of both my car and yours. But this gives you a general idea of where I am. I also would need to know my about your car and I'm sure you with mine. But I wanted to throw this out there first.

Also, for everyone selling cars STOP deleting your entire post. Just state that its sold and for what value. The reason a lot of people are coming in hot with their values is because they don't know what cars are selling for. If you are deleting your sold listing how do you expect anyone else to come up with a reasonable number to sell their car for? It helps keep the market honest. A car will rarely sell higher than its worth and often lower. So by deleting these threads you are ensuring that most cars will sell closer to stock value than modified. Every sold thread would reinforce the higher sales value, and by deleting these you are bringing down the value of cleanly modified cars IMO.

Last edited:

Red99SVT

Established Member
Why don't you let the man ask what he wants? If y'all are too far apart move on. There is a reason you want his and willin to add money. It's a more desirable build to you and you are looking to save some money as opposed to changing yours over. Why beat him up for what be wants? It's no longer what an 03/04 Cobra is worth with those cars. It's for someone looking for a high horsepower car period. Just so happens to be an 03/04 Cobra it's in. Jeez.

Nickerz

wh1plsh
Established Member
Why don't you let the man ask what he wants? If y'all are too far apart move on. There is a reason you want his and willin to add money. It's a more desirable build to you and you are looking to save some money as opposed to changing yours over. Why beat him up for what be wants? It's no longer what an 03/04 Cobra is worth with those cars. It's for someone looking for a high horsepower car period. Just so happens to be an 03/04 Cobra it's in. Jeez.

Did you even read the post? It's a comprehensive market assessment based on previous sales and accounting for mileage. I'm simply relaying the market. If you find a more compatible successful sale for the car post it.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Not going to get 35k for it... But GLWS!

Thanks. I have to start somewhere. As I stated in the orginal post, Im willing to listen to offers

I do market research for a living so this is a pretty honest offer.

First ground rules
-Excluded Comp Orange since that color commands a premium
-Rebuilt, Salvage, Flood etc exluded
-Verts are excluded since they sell for less money and are harder to move
-Looked for turbo cars with T56 & IRS (desired more, even though you'll eventually have to swap to a SRA & auto to put down the power)
-Zinc yellow excluded

Verified Assumptions
-10th cars\04 vs 03 makes no difference in heavily modified builds
-Redfire moves slower, Sonic moves faster - but neither has additional value

Method
-Since finding sales data for a turbo car is going to be difficult, since only a couple sell per year, we're going to have to first find a mileage correction to address any cars selling with higher mileage to correct them.

10K mile whipple
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...2-3l-whipple-coupe-10-900-miles-25k-firm.html
Good comparible car since it has SSRs but no shortblock work. So this is a good baseline on the influence of mileage on the value of a whipple car.

27K mile similar build to mine
FS: 2003 Cobra, 27K, Whipple 2.3, and etc.

Roughly 12 cents per mile as a correction factor for mileage.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum.../756381-fs-03-cobra-hellion-single-turbo.html
FS 03 Cobra Hellion single turbo - SVTPerformance
$2400 mileage correction = 28,400
Assuming we trade hoods and passenger seats

I would prefer to keep my rims (replica 03 9 & 10.5s) , but that is a small issue of preference.

So I would be trading you my car, plus $5400 cash. You in turn should be able to flip my car for $23K +\- in short order. This will help bring the car you're selling closer to financing value. It should be no more than $5000 apart IMO. That way a buyer can finance the car with $5K out of pocket (possibly less), not unreasonable. With your car as it sits, since mileage has a low correcting factor in NADA\KBB (super low mileage cars are desirable, but they aren't properly factored into formulas for NADA etc) you're talking about a buyer that might have to come up with close to $10K to finance the car.

I did this in about 15-20 minutes, so if we're not a mile apart I would have to refine this to bring down any variability in my research for the value of both my car and yours. But this gives you a general idea of where I am. I also would need to know my about your car and I'm sure you with mine. But I wanted to throw this out there first.

Also, for everyone selling cars STOP deleting your entire post. Just state that its sold and for what value. The reason a lot of people are coming in hot with their values is because they don't know what cars are selling for. If you are deleting your sold listing how do you expect anyone else to come up with a reasonable number to sell their car for? It helps keep the market honest. A car will rarely sell higher than its worth and often lower. So by deleting these threads you are ensuring that most cars will sell closer to stock value than modified. Every sold thread would reinforce the higher sales value, and by deleting these you are bringing down the value of cleanly modified cars IMO.

Thanks for the info. I may not be in market research, but do know/somewhat know what these cars are selling for right now, which is slim to none. I do not have to get rid of it, just really do not have time for it. I don't think your offer is unfair, however, I am still not sold on trading for another cobra. Your research may have a few other factors influencing the sales you mentioned (ie: loss of job, kids, etc). I am lucky enough right now that I do not have to sell, just highly considering it. I will definitely keep your offer in mind if someone does not offer me a straight up cash sale.

Nickerz

wh1plsh
Established Member
If it came down to it cash might be doable. Keep me in the loop. It just complicates things that's all ;)

Not having to sell it changed the game. Because there is nothing like the cobras right now!

rev440

young punk
Established Member
Beautiful car. All things considered IMO this car is more desirable then Vegasse car. If Im not mistaken which I very well could be since I dont live on SVTP his car was a F1C or F1r car which on high boost would make quite a bit less horsepower then a twin 67mm car. Furthermore the cars you listed are all stock motor cars this car is a built motor car with way less miles and a setup that would put down WAY more hp then a 76mm hellion car.

Last edited:

Nickerz

wh1plsh
Established Member
Beautiful car. All things considered IMO this car is more desirable then Vegasse car. If Im not mistaken which I very well could be since I dont live on SVTP his car was a F1C or F1r car which on high boost would make quite a bit less horsepower then a twin 67mm car. Furthermore the cars you listed are all stock motor cars this car is a built motor car with way less miles and a setup that would put down WAY more hp then a 76mm hellion car.

Find a comparable sale ;)

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Have gotten a few offers. Will tell you guys up front, this is not a fire sale. I know some others on here have sold for less, but at this point I'm not inclined to take $7k-$8k less than my asking price. To the top

Users who are viewing this thread