2004 ZX-6R 636 (streetbike) vs. Pullied Cobra

addicted2boost

Established Member
I put the pulley/tune on my car a few weeks ago and ever since I have wondered how I would fair against a 600.

Yesterday, I went out for a little drive with a couple of my buddies with bikes. One has an 03 GSX-R 1000 and the other has an 04 ZX-6R Kawasaki with exhaust.

I knew that I had no chance beating the 1000 because I have played with him before in my car. I have also ridden his bike before and I know that it is an absolute beast - truly scary fast.

So I tell my buddy with the 600 that I want to try a race from a 40mph roll. He gave me the jump but he almost instantly pulled about 3 cars on me and it stayed that way until I shifted into 5th gear. 5th gear slowly reeled him in but we had to shut it down because we were running out of road.

After seeing how hard he pulled me at low speeds I decided I wanted to race him from an 80 mph roll. Once again he gave me the jump. I was in 4th this time. When we started off, his front tire was about at my door. He slowly pulled about up to my front bumper but then he had to shift. When he shifted, I started gaining the distance back on him. When we shut it down at about 135 he was back at my door.

Needless to say, I was pumped to be able to hang with a 600. Now that I raced him I really want to get a ported blower and some spray so that I can really pull him next time.

Does anyone know how much hp it would take for a terminator to hang with a 1000? I've seen a video of a 600rwhp Z06 beating 1000's (from 100 to 185)

Sickness23

Jaegermeister Racing
Established Member
I need to convert some footage from saturday night. We filmed incar of my buddies 422 ls1 w/ spray..... its a 730+ rwhp car and we raced a zx-12 w/ a good rider who was doing wheelies all night..... from a 60-155ish mph runs we could either pull on him or catch back up to him when the car kept burning out..........i'm sure no one believe it even with the vid.......but he was an experienced rider.....also the car dipped in the 140mph trap speed the first time at the track

anyway good stuff!

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
03Redfire Cobra said:
Dude, 636's run extremely low 10's with the right driver.

it's all about the aerodynamics in the top speed runs...im not saying you're wrong, but most 600's run high 10's@135mph (maybe)...anyways, good runs b/c not everyone is a magazine driver, which means anything can happen on the street

03Redfire Cobra

Toss my salad?
Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
it's all about the aerodynamics in the top speed runs...im not saying you're wrong, but most 600's run high 10's@135mph (maybe)...anyways, good runs b/c not everyone is a magazine driver, which means anything can happen on the street
If you look at the latest cycle world, they got (from a professional driver) a 10.08 @ 135ish from a bone stock 05 636zx-6R

TNTramair

Established Member
those 636's run low tens....mags claim 10.30's @135ish....ive personally seen a couple dip 10 flats...very strong bikes...good runs with a respectable bike.

i just happened to have some fun with a honda cbr 600f4i last night...not sure what year it was but i know its no power house.....i pulled away from him pretty bad...he was defenitly suprised and praised my car....first bike i ran on this set up and was happy with the end result.

fre

Established Member
oh no here we go again with the 600cc bikes all running 10s @135 mph. I have yet to see one even hit 130s let alone get a 10 second et. Maybe all the riders here suck or buy the wrong 600 cc bikes who knows. I see about half and half in the 12s and 11s. Just call what I see. I don't magazine race though.

This track is at 3k ft elevation and the naturally aspirated viper hits consistent mid 12s, so that might have something to do with it. The supercharged viper hits low 11s.

Last edited:

bikeluver43

I'm faster than you.
Established Member
The 636 is basically a 750 in a 600 weight class. I owned one and they are a lot faster than other 600's and keep up fine with 750's and 900's. From a Roll they are just as fast as a 750 and about a second faster than the other 600's from 60-120 on a top gear pull-very impressive bikes. Good runs!

fre

Established Member
bikeluver43 said:
The 636 is basically a 750 in a 600 weight class. I owned one and they are a lot faster than other 600's and keep up fine with 750's and 900's. From a Roll they are just as fast as a 750 and about a second faster than the other 600's from 60-120 on a top gear pull-very impressive bikes. Good runs!

er why would they call it 636 if it is a 750cc bike. That doesn't make sense. I'm not saying your wrong i'm just questioning their logic if you are in fact correct.

BLUBLLS

Good kill, but I'm sorry running from that high a mph proves jack except that you have better aero than the bike. Run where the only factors or about power and skill. As in low mph or from a dig.

Users who are viewing this thread