2005 styling sketches in Nov MT

Cobra'03

Established Member
pp. 22-23

Best artist sketches to date - they predict the car will be rolled out in Fall 2004 as a 2005 model.

Car has styling cues from 1967 Mustang GT - lighter, less hulking look, esp in the front, with the grill's rally lamps framing a horizontal chrome trim bar. It will look different than the base V6 cars, which are closer to the 1968 look.

Soi it is retro, which I personaloly think is a good thing - those cars were beautiful and have stood up over time, whereas a lot of trendy cars (esp. Japanese) look leading edge for a year or so, then rapidly look dated.

MT says there will be an SVT Cobra, "with enough power to rival Chevrolet's Corvette Z06". Wasn't THAT delivered in May, 2002?

Cobra'03

Established Member
Sorry, this IT guy is scannerless at home. And given that a whacked out jury in LA just awarded $28B to some lady who apparently is deaf, dumb, and blind, I may soon be on the unemployment line.

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
some lady who apparently is deaf, dumb, and blind, I may soon be on the unemployment line.
:lol:

Makes you want to run off to a deserted DRAG STRIP with your car and live out the rest of your life!

These type of judgments make you wonder. ANYONE who stands up and states they DID NOT know smoking is harmful needs to, never mind.

The world we live in!

Mac03Cobra...

PS I don't smoke, never have and never will. Why? Because before I was born and in my moms womb, I knew sticking something with 789 chemical in it, lighting it on fire and sucking it into my lungs would probably not be a good thing in time.

Call me crazy!

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
05mustang.jpe

mac03.gif

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Don't like the front that much the rest looks sleek. And woah it's actually lowered. I was thinking to wait to see what the next gen would be like before i bought a new car but i'm not going to pass over the 03 Cobra. Besides one thing is always certain..there will always be the "next big thing" no matter how long u wait..thats just progression and competition for ya..so im buying now and enjoying it and ill deal with the next gen when it happens. Besides im not into retro that much. I think Ford hit a home-run with the styling of this Cobra.

Seems like they eliminated the seperated side scoops and made it part of the body mold.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I love the styling. I have to have one if this is what they are going to look like. I hope this is finalized!

genus5033

Established Member
It's gonna' make the vert look a whole lot like the current T-bird though. Looks like the supercharged T-bird is a go.

Users who are viewing this thread