2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Two limited edition Dodge Charger Daytona R/Ts for the 2006 model year.
The first will be produced in orange (Go ManGo) and the second will be in Top Banana.
Brazen and certainly controversial for a sedan with this kind of color and styling, but the 5.7L Hemi gets a slight boost in horsepower to 350 horsepower and torque stays at 390 lbs.-ft. Sadly, no true manual transmisssion yet though...just the autostick.

WKA2005020725872_pv.jpg

WKA2005020725755_pv.jpg

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
i think its kinda cool looking...but i dont like the four doors, or the sticker on the hood.....i like the headlights and the interior

Onivlas

Established Member
I think that picture is the best I've ever seen of the charger.

Problems? No manual. Heavy. Only four doors.

I think I'd rather pic up a GTO. I like those, with few little exterior touchups.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Not too bad looking, but dodge needs to lose the rear doors and make it a coupe. As it is, the proportions look a little long to be sporty.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
I would just rather spring for a 300C SRT-8! Looks better and has a bigger (more powerful) 6.1L 450 HP Hemi! And it looks better than the Charger. But, if the Charger was a two-door........

-Mike

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
Looks like a 4-door mustang.

It does look like one (sides,Back) :dw: the wing from that picture also looks like it came off of an 04

Lawman85

Banned
I think Dodge will sell a crap load of them based on the market competition. If you take an early 30's dad, 2 kids, who is a car lover, and let him choose between the Charger, Ford 500, Chevy Impala, or any of the imports... which would he choose? I think they should have done more with the styling and used the SRT8 motor from the 300C.

406 'velle

Established Member
in my opinion, if they felt the need to bring back the charger name, i would have liked it better if it was a two door and shared more body lines with the late sixties chargers.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
lawman85 said:
I think Dodge will sell a crap load of them based on the market competition. If you take an early 30's dad, 2 kids, who is a car lover, and let him choose between the Charger, Ford 500, Chevy Impala, or any of the imports... which would he choose? I think they should have done more with the styling and used the SRT8 motor from the 300C.

They may end up bringing out the SRT-8 motor. They're probably just introducing the style and fooling people into buying the "top" model until they unveil the more powerful version a year later. Isn't this pretty much what they did with both the Crossfire and the 300C?

Users who are viewing this thread