2006 GTO stock vs stock Mach I...

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i have an '05 GTO with catback/K&N intake, and have taken down one mach1 and a mild bolt-on '99ish cobra, and several '05+ GT's. the mach1 was when i was stock, and it was a 30 roll. the GTO feels a bit weaker than my '04 cobra did stock, but not by much. these cars are hard to launch (just like terminators), but once you get rolling, they squat and go. i'd be amazed if a stock mach1 could take an LS2 GTO from a roll with equal drivers. from a dig, who knows, the mach will most likely pull a bit at first, but will still get passed, and passed hard above 100mph.

Tunink

Established Member
Just got back from Mobile. 1.86 60' 7.66 @ 83.60 (track is 60' short) but not bad for a car with welded in spintechs.

my comment about GTs was more so directed at stock/bolt-on cars. i know my place in the car world.

offer still stands. stock mach 1 vs gto @ the track lets go.

Slow06GT

Established Member
You have to account for the drivers, not all Cobras run 12.4 stock, that would be the same for me to say ALL 300c SRT8 vehicles run 12.5's because one of them was able to run the number at Atco. average drivers would really have have close races.

Still I think its more of the norm to see cobras run mid to high 12's stock than GTOs in the 12's :shrug:

I raced a LS2 GTO in my bonestock 06 GT and he only had about a car on me and got a nice jump before me at the light. Anything is possible on the street I don't see how a good mach driver can't beat a bad gto driver. With decent drivers the gto should win pretty easily though

91frppgt

Banned
Mods?

It's not really a big shock if you have Tune + CAI...

Of course I don't think anyone is going to be shocked by a modded car beating a stock one.

$500 bucks of mods, if you consider calling a tune and CAI a mod at that time...

hell i know people thats bought new cars, and already had a tuner on them when they drove them off the lot :whine:

Tunink

Established Member
Don't try to turn this into something it isnt, like I said in an above post the comment was pertaining to stock/bolt on cars, vs 99-04 SC cars I still do fairly decent. I race a friend here in town with a vortec S-trim all the time with the results on the street being door to door until about 4th gear with him creeping away.

TrickStang37

Established Member
$500 bucks of mods, if you consider calling a tune and CAI a mod at that time...

hell i know people thats bought new cars, and already had a tuner on them when they drove them off the lot :whine:
ya, a tune is a mod. especially when a tune would probably add more power than any one other bolt on available.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
ya, a tune is a mod. especially when a tune would probably add more power than any one other bolt on available.

Beat me too it.... Man if things keep going the term 'bolt ons' isn't going to exist anymore...people think 'small things' done to a stock car counts as stock these days...:nonono:

Tunink

Established Member
well, here pretty soon imma be "cam only" which equals- LTs, MS4, 3600 RPM stall, CAI, Spintech CB, and maybe, just maybe some squeeze. we'll see though, maybe theres a termi out there with my name on it, but i just love the exclusivity of my car :)

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
well, here pretty soon imma be "cam only" which equals- LTs, MS4, 3600 RPM stall, CAI, Spintech CB, and maybe, just maybe some squeeze. we'll see though, maybe theres a termi out there with my name on it, but i just love the exclusivity of my car :)

terminators are even more exclusive, but both cars are not common, that's why i own both.

TrickStang37

Established Member
its funny when people post up "cam only" or "upper only" race/time results when they fail to mention any weight reduction done, when usually it is extensive (more than spare and jack type weight reduction).

trottlebody

Established Member
My cars bolton only. Actually I would say stock. All I have done is full suspension, intake, exhaust, tune, plate kit, heads/cam, clutch, flywheel, slicks, skinnies etc etc etc and Plasma propulsion. Like I said basically stock and everything just bolted right on.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
its really close to call...it all depends on the circumstances...drivers race...shit a few months ago i pulled about a car and a half on a 6.0 GTO from a dig and about 2 cars from a roll...all i know is it has exaust...this was in my full bolt on geared 01 cobra

-Ryan

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
you lucky bastid....

i'd love longtubes and a cam on my goat, but will have to settle for a tune this spring. this car is just too fun and comfortable to drive right now, and it will probably be my 'all-year-round' daily next year in florida

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
You have to account for the drivers, not all Cobras run 12.4 stock, that would be the same for me to say ALL 300c SRT8 vehicles run 12.5's because one of them was able to run the number at Atco. average drivers would really have have close races.
-snipe-

Just as GTOs all don't run high 12s stock. With equal drivers a Cobra is faster; of course anything can happen, there are bad drivers out there, but you have to remember a Cobra is lighter and more powerful.

I think this video shows the difference in acceleration. At the track drivers play a much bigger role.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFLn_nnVyyc"]YouTube - 2004 Cobra SVT vs. 2006 GTO[/ame]

rio95cobra

Established Member
Just as GTOs all don't run high 12s stock. With equal drivers a Cobra is faster; of course anything can happen, there are bad drivers out there, but you have to remember a Cobra is lighter and more powerful.

I think this video shows the difference in acceleration. At the track drivers play a much bigger role.

YouTube - 2004 Cobra SVT vs. 2006 GTO

isnt a gto 400 and 03/04 390?

BayareaSS

Established Member
its really close to call...it all depends on the circumstances...drivers race...shit a few months ago i pulled about a car and a half on a 6.0 GTO from a dig and about 2 cars from a roll...all i know is it has exaust...this was in my full bolt on geared 01 cobra

-Ryan

Your outcome sounds about right. A full bolt on and geared 01 cobra should win.

Users who are viewing this thread