2006 world cup...

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
Ok, the world's greatest, most watched spectacle bar none, the World Cup, is about to begin... I believe, like everyone else, that Brazil, with their megasuperstar Ronaldinho, will take home a sixth championship. who's your favorite? any predictions? Man I can't wait for this thing to start...

TexasPoker

Camanayayhah
Established Member
Brazil ftw, ronaldinho, adriano, and ronaldo are too much i think, but dont count out England behind Owen, Lampard, Cole, and hopefully Rooney :??: , also you can bet Thierry Henry will dominate this thing, Personally i think hes the best player in the world. Oh and the U.S. will struggle to even get out of group play Italy and The Czech's are both badass. But go YANKEES :banana: :banana:

nhazra

Established Member
Been a Brazil fam since i was 3, so they're my choice. I believe that Argentina will do pretty well. Can't wait till Friday!!!!!!

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
Im for Mexico but so far they havent beaten anybody recently..

Hopefully they saved their best play for the World Cup

EnglishAdam

Established Member
I'm rooting for England (of course) and am going over for their last group match against Sweden.

The USA have a really tough group but I hope they do well too.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm hoping Portugal does well, my husband is from there so I kinda 'have to' fan for them. I'm half Swiss but I don't like the Swiss soccer team... My heart beats for the USA!

pipe

*pee* ~pay~
Established Member
if costa rica, france or ecuador win, i'll take $100 bucks home, so i'm hoping any of those 3 win, very unlikely i know.

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
even though Germany is not their strongest, they have to be up there. I mean look what the homefield advantage did for sucky korea in the 02 cup (semi-final vs. Germany). Also, Brazil is the only team to ever win a world cup when not on its own continent. I expect a strong showing from Argentina and pray the US will not be a disgrace.

Banned
Ronaldinho is one of the ugliest men I have ever seen. Ill make my prediction after thinking a little.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Hey people,I know the US is in a tough bracket but I for one would love to see them upset the favorites.Go USA !!!!!!!!!! :beer:

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
The first game is over.

Germany vs. Costa Rica
4 - 2

Have you ever seen this?:

The germans won the match in

So you can calculate what will happen this year:

54 x 74 - 1990 = 2006 :lol:

By the way.... i am not a big fan of soccer.... but for this event...... i will try my best....

I have never seen so many german flags on buildings, cars, trucks.... everywhere like today.....

The have sent a german flag for the car with the Daily Newspaper in my city.

Users who are viewing this thread