2006 Zx6-r

vemom93

So me and some buddies make our regular trips out of country for some street racing, and a friend of ours had a bike that wanted to run with me. It was a 2006 ZX6-R with a pipe, and filter, but nothing else. 1st run was between me the bike, and a WRX on 70mm, and 20ish psi. Well the bike took center lane so I honked off the first run, and I was the only one that left. I tried to honk it off again, and 2nd time the bike ran, but the wrx didnt. I got off it after realizing the wrx didnt make the run, (limited Highway to use). 3rd time the wrx took center lane, and the bike took right. He honked it off, and we all left perfect. Runs started at 55 (3k for me), so I had a little lag, but once I got into it I took the bike by about a car, and the wrx by about 3/4 of a car length. We make 2 more runs and the bike gets progressively slower on each run, and by then its just me and the wrx. Each time I get the wrx, and the bike took me on the first run. Overall I never thought I would keep up with a bike, but now I finally have one under my belt. All of this took place at 10 psi.

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
Good runs, your car must be a monster! My '05 636 is faster than the new ZX6r......weak sauce on Kawasaki's part IMO.

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
I had an 05 ZX6R also and it was pretty fast, I think the 600's (636 even), just lack a lot of top end.... I loved that bike though, I have a GSXR 750 now, which is awesome in its own right, but there was something about that Kawi that I loved.... Your car must be pretty fast, I am amazed when I hear cars beating bikes sometimes....

vemom93

Vids are coming to legitimize the claims, so look forward to that. I don't ride bikes, but I hear you about the top end. It did seem to hold steady till I got in 4th. I would start my pull in 4th, and that lasts me all the way to 140 with my 3.27s. I said it once, I will say it again. Turbo gearing FTW

vemom93

Sorry about the hold up. The footage is on another guys cameras and I am waiting to grab all the stuff off him. I will have it up as soon as possible. Is it ok to post videos in this section if its of street racing?

vemom93

WOW!! sorry it took so long to get the footage up. Your gonna have to sift through a long ass video to see it, but the races are the ones against the t-70 wrx, me, and the 636.

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Roll-Racing-8-Lots-of-cars_161313.htm"]http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Roll-Racing-8-Lots-of-cars_161313.htm[/ame]

vemom93

Please comment on his video if you guys liked it. He likes feedback on what he can do better. Again thanks for believing me on this one. Most of the forums on here that claim to be beating a r6 or 636 everybody seems to jump all over and claim bs. As you can see we got some fast cars running in the area, and the support is apreciated.

SINISTER LS1

Banned
It's a nice video. He needs to work a bit on his transitions and the titles. Other then that it's cool. Cut out the unnecessary parts.

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
Nice vid, and nice runs, but the bike guy needs to start off in a lower gear; he never got a jump or a good start.

vemom93

I have no idea what gear the bike started at, but its really hard to get a jump off of me and the wrx if we are in the gear we are happy with. I can brake boost all the way to full boost, and thats one hell of a launch. I will say though, if I am anything under 3k rpm I cant brake boost for crap. Thats why the second race with the 175 shot notch went so poorly for me.

vemom93

Good runs man.

I never knew your car was packing that much of a punch at the meets.:rockon:

Thanks for the compliments man. Yeah I tend to sneak up on people with the way my car is configured. Its not an abnoxious turbo hissing, and chugging around like most of the imports, but it gets the job done up top.

Users who are viewing this thread