2007 Gt500 $53,000.00

04 SVTCobra 956

Established Member
Black coupe/premium package for sale in the northern Va area call 202-438-9571
MUST SELL!!!!!!!! I will sell the shelby (lowered price) for $53,000.00 car is in garage with less than 500 miles on odometer

broeli

Established Member
04 SVTCobra 956 said:
I am taking a big hit selling it at this price.......but I must sell.
You need to take a bigger hit to sell it imo. Almost 10k over msrp for a used, previously titled, Shelby? :dw:

chuckstang

Established Member
remember though, gas guzzler, and other fees associated with purchasing a "new" car have already been paid. I think that makes a difference, correct me if I am wrong

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Gas guzzler is included in the sticker price.

I think you'd have buyers on Autotrader at SUB 50k.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
options demand +/- 2k when determining price as well. assuming its fully optioned gt500 coupe its 45k(tax and delivery included) + tax title dealer fees.

as a private sale some states dont require sales tax like az. some states still do like ca. sales tax(7-9%) on a 45k is between 3-4k. buying privately you will save dealer fees and sales tax. other fees on private purchase one still needs to pay for local title and licensing.

good price is another question? it is still a new car, look feel smell. legally its a used car. purchasing off a dealer lot is no different. salesmen, techs, customers go on test drives and then you purchase the car. the only difference between a lot car and this one is those that drive the lot car could care less about it because they do not own it.

one can purchase this car(at asking price) for below 54k otd which approximately the same as purchasing from a dealer at 5k over. some would say thats a good deal. some would say msrp is still a bad deal. what do you say?

tw0scoops

Established Member
PRobably a legit price right now. The dealers were buying back used '05s after they were sold for more than they got cuz they were so rare.

Problem is next year when they aren't as rare, dealers will be selling them closer to MSRP. So I can understand your haste...GL, you'll need it;-)

chuckstang

Established Member
Well, you also have wonder why someone is selling it? worst case scenario, they keep haveing to take it to Ford because something is wrong with the car and perhaps it is not bad enough to be declared a lemon but bad enough for the owner to want to unload it.
That would be my only concern, or its not a legit offer which I highly doubt!

tw0scoops

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Well, you also have wonder why someone is selling it? worst case scenario, they keep haveing to take it to Ford because something is wrong with the car and perhaps it is not bad enough to be declared a lemon but bad enough for the owner to want to unload it.
That would be my only concern, or its not a legit offer which I highly doubt!

That's true, but you can check it's VIN history to see what work was done on it right?

tw0scoops

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
options demand +/- 2k when determining price as well. assuming its fully optioned gt500 coupe its 45k(tax and delivery included) + tax title dealer fees.

as a private sale some states dont require sales tax like az. some states still do like ca. sales tax(7-9%) on a 45k is between 3-4k. buying privately you will save dealer fees and sales tax. other fees on private purchase one still needs to pay for local title and licensing.

good price is another question? it is still a new car, look feel smell. legally its a used car. purchasing off a dealer lot is no different. salesmen, techs, customers go on test drives and then you purchase the car. the only difference between a lot car and this one is those that drive the lot car could care less about it because they do not own it.

one can purchase this car(at asking price) for below 54k otd which approximately the same as purchasing from a dealer at 5k over. some would say thats a good deal. some would say msrp is still a bad deal. what do you say?

I'd say a few thou under MSRP would be a good deal. Getting the cobra's into the 40s already are making me itch.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Seems like a decent price to me. Remember, when people list to sell a used car, there almost always is some bargaining involved. So he is probably hoping for 50 or so, and listing at 53 in order to get that. Considering it's near impossible to get one at a dealer for that price, I think he should be able to find a buyer.

04 SVTCobra 956

Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
Seems like a decent price to me. Remember, when people list to sell a used car, there almost always is some bargaining involved. So he is probably hoping for 50 or so, and listing at 53 in order to get that. Considering it's near impossible to get one at a dealer for that price, I think he should be able to find a buyer.

You are correct....It is sold for $50,000

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
We need to hear from the new owner... hopefully he's a happy member ready to post some pics of his new car!

I spoke to the owner yerterday. I called him up and as we were speaking he was selling it. He was satisfied with the one that bought it. I offered to buy it but,he said it was being sold as we speak. He told me who bought it but if he wants you to know he will post it. I will not,because it's the right thing to do.He'll tell you if he wants to. He was satisfied with the price he was selling it for ,and no there is nothing wrong with this shelby Gt500. He just decided to sell it,from my understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread