2007 Mustang Dash lighting issue help needed.

Usman Ahmed

hey guys i have an issue with my stang and i need some help diagnosing it.

So when i start my car normally on cold days but recently its become almost everyday now is that the dash lights and everything go off for like 10 seconds before coming back on.. before this delay was 3 seconds but with time the delay keeps getting longer. Once the lights come back on they dont go off or flicker not even once till i shut off my car and fire it back up after letting it sit for a bit..

My assumption is that it could be a bad battery as it has died on me once where i had to jump start it and that was a month ago and it hasnt given me a problem starting the car since.. it might be using slightly more power while starting the car.. So what i think it is is that the battery is low on power and when its starting the car it doesnt crank and give power to the dash at the same time so it gives way to the dash lights till the alternator kicks in. and thats when the dash lights come back on..

Secondly i thought it could be a bad starter problem cuz on cold starts it makes this 3 sec squeaking sound before it goes away.. but i doubt that causes th lights to go off..

If anyone has any idea what this might be please let me know..

Much appreciated..

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread