2007 Shelby Exhaust Questions

BlackenedSVT

The Clown has it out 4 me
Established Member
I've been looking at the exhaust options for the Shelbies, and they are few and far between. To those of you that own the cars, if you could do it all over again. Would you get Long tube headers? I know on the Terminators, the stock shorty headers actually had great flow, and many didn't get much gains from long tubes....and L/Ts added to be a pain in the butt to have once you wanted to do a clutch on the car.

I was wondering how the flow is on the stock headers, and if they are worth replacing, do you go shorty for easy trans/clutch work? Or do you go longtubes?

Also I LOVE H-Pipes....aside from a JBA shorty H-Pipe, i haven't seen a single other H-pipe offered. Anyone have any good H-Pipe options for the shelbies?

And finally I'm thinking CORSA rear axelback or catback. Anyone have this? How do you like it?

BlackenedSVT

The Clown has it out 4 me
Established Member
interesting but even tho its a KR exhaust, its still a factory exhaust. I'm sure there is better flowing exhaust out there, no?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Unless you do some serious mods (think 3.4 Whipple), headers will do very little for your car.

If you search on exhaust, mufflers, or headers, a lot of info will come up. Quite a bit on youtube if you want to hear various combos.

Bad Chariot

Established Member
Does the car normally have a real throaty note? I have seen dozens of GT500's over the last 2 years but never directly behind one. I was out with my girls today behind this GOREGOUS blk w/grey stripes one and I turned off my radio to listen to it. The owner had a few chances to get on it and the exhaust note was one of the nicest I ever heard. I owned a 95 GT when it was new and that sounded NOTHING like it.

So if the owner is on this board, thanks for the moments of enjoyment, Plates ended with XXXWIN cruising around Drum Hil today

Willie2

Established Member
Unless you do some serious mods (think 3.4 Whipple), headers will do very little for your car.

i disagree with this statement based on my car and sgtD's car. we both had pulley and intake. The difference was I had full exhaust. And, well, he had a tune that came with the package and i had a dyno tune.

You are right, peak hp and tq were close, i maybe had 10 on him. But under the curve, mostly all the way to 6K i had 40-50 hp on him.

RSH427R

Established Member
MRT makes catted and off-road H pipes for the GT 500 (stock manifolds) I had one on my Roush but have not heard one on a GT 500 in person. I have/had Corsa on my GT 500 and they sound great when you get on it. Pretty quiet when cruising or at idle. I removed them yesterday and went to the Magnaflow deletes. I may be selling the Corsa soon.

Last edited:

manOwar

Established Member
I have the Kooks which are more like a 3/4 lenth. The sound through an X pipe is raspy even with chambered Magnaflows. I have an H that will go on soon that should cure that. It also doesn't help the mufflers are at the back of the car.

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I'd say anything over 600hp at the rear would warrant going to LT's.

Just like posted above, these cars start gaining through the midrange.

So at what power level to ya'll feel like you start seeing substantial gains? From my observations, it seems anything beyond pulley/tune/intake...everything you do beyond that you'll start seeing nice gains. Though the full LT's w/3" system is pretty pricey...

Users who are viewing this thread