2007 Super Snake Value?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

Mercier

Established Member
Thank you again for the help. Pins ordered. Probably going to pull the trigger on the vents. Any of you guys ever detached those? Appear to be epoxied on from underneath.
Need to take a closer look at the splitter and decide if it's $850 worth of improvement to replace. I should have the car buffed out and detailed in the next couple of weeks and I think that will tell me.
Opinion request: there are a couple of small touch-up spots on the car. Roughly pea-sized. For value, is it better to have as much original paint as possible and leave the touches(which are slightly better than amateur level) or look into fixing it "right?"
For now, it's running great. Finally getting used to grabbiness in 1st. Vibration when I really get into the brakes so I'll probably be doing pads/rotors very soon. Baer is sending me a quote on parts. (cringe)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thank you again for the help. Pins ordered. Probably going to pull the trigger on the vents. Any of you guys ever detached those? Appear to be epoxied on from underneath.
Need to take a closer look at the splitter and decide if it's $850 worth of improvement to replace. I should have the car buffed out and detailed in the next couple of weeks and I think that will tell me.
Opinion request: there are a couple of small touch-up spots on the car. Roughly pea-sized. For value, is it better to have as much original paint as possible and leave the touches(which are slightly better than amateur level) or look into fixing it "right?"
For now, it's running great. Finally getting used to grabbiness in 1st. Vibration when I really get into the brakes so I'll probably be doing pads/rotors very soon. Baer is sending me a quote on parts. (cringe)

If the one that is on it isn't perfect, $850 is cheap. Those parts won't be readily available forever. The difference between a perfect car, and one needing parts you can't find easily could be $10-20k resale.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

As was mentioned above, since that correct CF splitter is available now, I would think about picking one up before they are discontinued. Once that splitter goes obsolete the price will go up if/when you find one for sale.

DO NOT let you detail guy get any compound, polish or wax on those Flat/Matte Black stripes. It is virtually impossible to get them back to Black and they will have to be replaced. <<<Many Super Snake owners found this out the hard way in the earlier days.

R

weider1717

Established Member
30k, any more and you gotta be willing to lose money. There is a zero miles one on ebay for 56..so..

Try and nail him for 27k if it needs to be quick. Those are the least desireable 500s anyway.

Not to everyone I personally bought 07-09 body in 2015 because I can't stand the rear of the 10+ many felt this way since that car came out and still do.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Not to everyone I personally bought 07-09 body in 2015 because I can't stand the rear of the 10+ many felt this way since that car came out and still do.

^^^Yes, I remember when the 2010 came out, some referred to it as the "Shelf Butt" look.

Me personally, I like the 2010-2014 equally (or at least close to equally) with the 2007-2009, but in different ways.............however, I will always remember "Shelf Butt" when I look at the rear of a 2010-2014. It is one of those things that gets seared in your mind whether it is accurate or not.

I had to dig back through my pictures, the picture below was one that I remember being added to forum posts when the 2010's were first appearing.......

aafc62be4939a3ac9f6f2936643448ad_zps3n6txjkv.jpg

^^^^^ Speaking of searing in your mind.....Now that IS a Shelf Butt!

R

weider1717

Established Member
^^^Yes, I remember when the 2010 came out, some referred to it as the "Shelf Butt" look.

Me personally, I like the 2010-2014 equally (or at least close to equally) with the 2007-2009, but in different ways.............however, I will always remember "Shelf Butt" when I look at the rear of a 2010-2014. It is one of those things that gets seared in your mind whether it is accurate or not.

I had to dig back through my pictures, the picture below was one that I remember being added to forum posts when the 2010's were first appearing.......

View attachment 1590980

^^^^^ Speaking of searing in your mind.....Now that IS a Shelf Butt!

R

LOL! Yes, I like the front of the newer cars better and the sides, ok. However, I still can't get passed the rear end enough to buy one. I actually looked into 13-14's not long ago just as a wild hair to consider buying one and selling mine and "upgrade" I looked at several videos etc and I just couldn't do it from the rear end...I hate it because the new gt500's are auto etc so I guess I will be left with further upgrading mine!

Users who are viewing this thread