2008 GT500 or 2014 Mustang GT

SirShaun

Established Member
I've been in the same boat recently. Horrible idea financially, but I was seconds away from figuring out a way to get to NJ, and trade my F250 and GT500, for a 2015 Shark Metallic Grey Z07 3LZ, optioned beautifully.

I've caught myself looking way to hard at C7s, Hellcats (Widebody looks good), and I really wish 13+ Vipers were cheaper, as I think they will actually appreciate. Same reason though, something different with a newer interior.

Some days I want to get out of cars all together, do other things, then other days I want to commission a build on a tin can race car Coyote/6R80 65/66 coupe or 65-68 Fastback with twin turbskies.

Then I will drive my GT500, and be okay for awhile. Then the urge returns. Rinse repeat. I'm a mess right now, probably going to drive ol girl tomorrow and catch them feels again. I might need my own thread to help sort my life out.

That's my advice though, go do some spirited driving in your GT500.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
I have a little experience in this area having gone from a 2014 dib GT Premium w/track pack to a 2008 GT500 and while the 2014 was nice, the GT500 was my favorite. The Shelby did have quite a few upgrades over the GT though(VMP, fuel system, suspension etc.) so that could skew my opinion. I agree the interior on the 2014 is better than the 2008 but not that much better. My opinion, hold onto the Shelby and look for a 13/14 GT500 when you get back.

madscotsman

Established Member
I'm hoping those low mileage 13-14 Gt500's will flood the market when the 19' GT500 gets closer to coming out. That's the only car I would trade my 12' Stage 3 on. Best of both worlds in your situation would be wait for a 13-14 gt500 IMO.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I've been in the same boat recently. Horrible idea financially, but I was seconds away from figuring out a way to get to NJ, and trade my F250 and GT500, for a 2015 Shark Metallic Grey Z07 3LZ, optioned beautifully.

I've caught myself looking way to hard at C7s, Hellcats (Widebody looks good), and I really wish 13+ Vipers were cheaper, as I think they will actually appreciate. Same reason though, something different with a newer interior.

Some days I want to get out of cars all together, do other things, then other days I want to commission a build on a tin can race car Coyote/6R80 65/66 coupe or 65-68 Fastback with twin turbskies.

Then I will drive my GT500, and be okay for awhile. Then the urge returns. Rinse repeat. I'm a mess right now, probably going to drive ol girl tomorrow and catch them feels again. I might need my own thread to help sort my life out.

That's my advice though, go do some spirited driving in your GT500.
Z06 > GT500

08mojo

Established Member
Miata > GT500

WhiteMajesticDikkops-max-1mb.gif

Users who are viewing this thread