2008 GT500 VMP 2.3 TVS Install and results

b00stin

Established Member
First and foremost I'd like to give a huge thanks to VMP Tuning for excellent customer service and an overall amazing product. And to Walsh Motorsports in Wixom, MI for the dyno time and amazing customer experience. This kit is the real deal and very easy to install and get up and running. My current setup is VMP GEN II 800HP Kit (2.5 Upper, ID 1000s, JLT 123 CAI, VMP Twin 67mm TB, Kooks long tube headers, 3 inch catless xpipe, kooks axle back) VMP Tuned. The car put down 666HP and 622TQ @ 86 Degrees F. Still looking to squeeze a bit more out of it.

dyno.jpg

and dyno video

[video]https://youtu.be/KgtX4iieH8M[/video]

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
It would be interesting to know what your downstream temps were during that pull since it was 86F in there. Add a little octane (read: can of Torco to 1/2 tank of gas) and cool her down a bit and you'll be very close to 700 at the tires.

My "older" 07 was on the dyno Friday. Christine eats corn. She seems to like it. Return style fuel system, ID1000's, and a lot of the same stuff you have.

Congrats and thanks.

bj818-769 May22.JPG

Last edited:

TVS VERT

Established Member
18 psi ...and 666/622 on a dynojet throwing out STD numbers ???? (normally read high)

18-19psi is where 90% of these cars are used at with aftermarket blowers.

figured it would be higher especially with long tubes.

Last edited:

Joewee500

Established Member
Someone just posted about 680s/700tq with the same kit minus headers and at 21lbs. Seems odd. Bj did you remote tune both cars?

- Aj -

Established Member
18 psi ...and 666/622 on a dynojet throwing out STD numbers ???? (normally read high)

18-19psi is where 90% of these cars are used at with aftermarket blowers.

figured it would be higher especially with long tubes.

+1?...

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Someone just posted about 680s/700tq with the same kit minus headers and at 21lbs. Seems odd. Bj did you remote tune both cars?
Neither were remote tuned.

Custom calibrations for each individual car/mods /fuel/environment.

The OP apparently reached out to Justin for a base review.

I've not seen a log.

This configuration generally nets 680-700 on a 93 tune at sea level.

My guess would be the OPs car was heat soaked, thus my previous comment about seeing one.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
It would be interesting to know what your downstream temps were during that pull since it was 86F in there. Add a little octane (read: can of Torco to 1/2 tank of gas) and cool her down a bit and you'll be very close to 700 at the tires.

My "older" 07 was on the dyno Friday. Christine eats corn. She seems to like it. Return style fuel system, ID1000's, and a lot of the same stuff you have.

Congrats and thanks.

bjView attachment 42977
Combo?

b00stin

Established Member
This was the final pull on the car that I was present for.. the vehicle cooled down for about 20-30 mins or so with a fan on it. This was the only pull i was given hp and tq numbers for.. guessing it was heat soaked.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Mine car put down the same hp number, but a little more torque with a trinity tvs. Go run the car and see what it traps honestly. I've been able to do 132 mph countless times which seems a little more than other people do in gt500's with the same power so I feel the car makes a bit more than that. A dyno is a number

Users who are viewing this thread