2008 Shelby GT500KR

ANGUS99

Established Member
In the showroom of Bobby Jones Ford Augusta, Ga.
For sale: 1 beautiful, Black with dark Gray striping, Shelby GT500KR. On a side note, the SVT wheels have GT500KR machined into the outer face, which is only 1 of the many extra and unique touches. It's definately an exquisite machine.

It's # 222 (best of my recollection) of 1000. Sticker price = 87k with a
60k "fair" dealer markup for a total of 147k. She's a beauty but...geez Louise. Is Jay Leno listening?

I contemplated messing with the salesman and inquiring, with a straight face, as to the Ford Motor Credit finance rate for 60 months. I still might...
All while wearing tattered overalls, shower shoes, and a Sombrero.

ANGUS99

Willie2

Established Member
walk up to the sticker and say "Is that all?, i thought it would be more"

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
In the showroom of Bobby Jones Ford Augusta, Ga.
For sale: 1 beautiful, Black with dark Gray striping, Shelby GT500KR. On a side note, the SVT wheels have GT500KR machined into the outer face, which is only 1 of the many extra and unique touches. It's definately an exquisite machine.

It's # 222 (best of my recollection) of 1000. Sticker price = 87k with a
60k "fair" dealer markup for a total of 147k. She's a beauty but...geez Louise. Is Jay Leno listening?

I contemplated messing with the salesman and inquiring, with a straight face, as to the Ford Motor Credit finance rate for 60 months. I still might...
All while wearing tattered overalls, shower shoes, and a Sombrero.

ANGUS99

Dark Gray, I thought the stripes were flat black......

MD03SVT

Established Member
Why would you pay that,the going rate is sticker + 10k = 89990$.I have been offered 2 at that price without even going to the dealer and figure I could get one for 5K over.

Win

Established Member
My local dealer in Northern CA is asking $100k. The car is supposed to be on the way. Red with silver stripes. They are pretty firm on the price. Ca bay area dealers are asking $120K.

FiaCobra

Established Member
The dealer where I got my GT500 from recently sold a KR for $105k.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Ask him to show it to you then say that you've decided to buy a Ford GT since it's the same price. You'd have to be some kind of moron to pick the KR for $147k over the Ford GT.

Last edited:

ANGUS99

Established Member
screw bobby jones ford, I tried to deal with them a few times and they were asses

X 10...

I just thought ya'll might find the insanity amusing. By the way.. the stripes probably are flat black. I guess to my "seasoned" eyes, they appeared to be gray against the Gloss black background. The were actually hard to see if not looking for them. A seriously bad ass car...a monumental dumb ass price.

R1Lello

Established Member
Ask him to show it to you then say that you've decided to buy a Ford GT since it's the same price. You'd have to be some kind of moron to pick the KR for $147k over the Ford GT.

100% agree..........moron to pick that over the Ford GT at that price or even close to it

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
lmao wow! the mark up is almost the price of the car
insanity, you think with the economy being so crappy the mark ups wouldnt be so redic

svt99rag

Established Member
BBJ had a FGT marked up 90K on their showroom too and it sat there until they marked it down

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
lmao wow! the mark up is almost the price of the car
insanity, you think with the economy being so crappy the mark ups wouldnt be so redic

So true.........Paid MSRP for Vapor/Sliver GT500, added FRPP springs and
FRPP CAI. Not much different than the KR huh?.....never really understood the value of the KR anyway.
Think of it this way. KR for 90k or 2 GT500's for 90k.
If I were a dealer, I would be tempted to have some sarcastic fun.
ADVERTISEMENT:

KR for 90k......or for 90k
Buy one GT500 and get one free!
Kinda makes the KR seem irrelavant in those terms huh?

BlownAway03

Established Member
Simply ridiculous. I recently had a chance to drive that KR (PDI). To me it simply felt like a GT500 with 3.73s. Window sticker said $45k+$35k for Shelby upgrades. When the sales people came in the shop and said they were going to ask $140k I laughed. Let's be honest.... this is not a $100k car. How has this Shelby thing gotten so out of control. There is nothing added onto the car that totals $35k. Matter of fact, I think a regular GT500 looks better.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Just like always a few people will buy the KR at any price and then the other 800 will sit around and gather dust until the dealers bring down the price. And it's not like Ford dealerships are selling other cars to make money. They need every sale right now.

Users who are viewing this thread