2008 SVTOA Experience - Aug 15-17, New Jersey

hawkls1

Established Member
does anyone know it there will be a svt event there this year.I go up to the glen every year,but with the gas price(that track eats gas)this year was looking for something closer.or maybe a another track.thank for any info

shlbygt

Established Member
does anyone know it there will be a svt event there this year.I go up to the glen every year,but with the gas price(that track eats gas)this year was looking for something closer.or maybe a another track.thank for any info

SVTOA is not involved at all with the SAAC event in New Jersey.
SVTOA kicked Ken Eber of SAAC to the curb after a year of mishandling SVTOA's affairs. Good ridenence.
If you want quality track time, a SAAC convention is not the place to get it. Too many cars on track, with uneducated drivers doing whatever they please as long as the check clears.

I just got back from the CMR event at The Glen and a great time was had by all. Chamber of Commerce weather both Monday and Tuesday with plenty of hipo Fords in attendance. There is still space available for the August dates if anyone is interested. www.phoenixcmr.com

hawkls1

Established Member
I think i'll try and sign up for the august event.hell with the gas prices.I'll try and get my freind with he's 1998 cobra to come up too.the last time we were both up at the glen was sept 2005(laborday).gas was 3.79 a gallon for ultra 93 after katrina.

shlbygt

Established Member
I think i'll try and sign up for the august event.hell with the gas prices.I'll try and get my freind with he's 1998 cobra to come up too.the last time we were both up at the glen was sept 2005(laborday).gas was 3.79 a gallon for ultra 93 after katrina.

This week it was $4.29 for 93 at the Sunoco in town. Somewhere from Montrose PA to Watkins Glen I saw $5.12 for diesel. Yikes...

sonic cobra

Established Member
I paid 4.32 sunday nite,4.37 on monday and 4.42 on tuesday at the Mobil in town. Thats right, 5 cents/day increase. But it was worth it. Joe runs 25 minute sessions for novice, 40 min for intermediate and 45 min for advanced. Lots of quality track time

Users who are viewing this thread