2009 GT500 production numbers?

gt500vert

Established Member
I thought all verts had stripe delete. Is that correct or not? Mine did not have them, but stripe delete was not listed on the sticker.

chimazo

Established Member
I'm 99% sure that no verts had the the large "Le Mans" stripes, but only the smaller side stripe, so stripe delete would just have no stripes anywhere.

From a Ford media release:
"As did the original GT500 convertible, the modern version carries the side stripes but foregoes the Le Mans stripe. The Le Mans stripe, the side stripes or both may be deleted from the Coupe. The side stripes are also a delete option on the Convertible."

t9699pl

Vista Blue Stripe Delete Vert

So I guess I have one of the 6 2009 Vista Blue Stripe delete convertibles with 8K miles. Might be a keeper!

09Alloy

There were a total of 156 Alloy Coupes and 21 Alloy Convertibles built for 2009.

Of the 156 Alloy Coupes, 8 had the Black/Red (GR) interior, which mine is one of that 8. Also, the stripe breakdown for the coupes is 149 Satin Silver and 7 stripe delete.

Of the 21 Alloy Convertibles built, 3 had the Black/Red (GR) interior. The stripe breakdown for the convertible is 21 Satin Silver and 0 (zero) stripe delete.

There were 842 Black (Ebony) Coupes and 222 Black Convertibles built for 2009.

Of the 842 Black Coupes, 239 had the Black/Red Interior. Of that 239 Black/Red interiors, 173 were part of the red package. The stripe breakdown for the Black Coupes is 173 Red, 150 Performance White, 434 Alloy, and 85 stripe delete.

Of the 222 Black Convertibles, 56 had the Black/Red Interior. Of that 56 Black/Red Interiors, 29 were for the Red Package. The stripe breakdown for the Black Convertibles is 29 Red Package, 41 Performance White, 116 Alloy, and 36 Stripe Delete.

Of note, there were 89 Performance White Red Package Coupes, and 173 Black Coupes with the Red Package. For Convertibles, there were 8 Red Packages for the Performance White and 29 for the Black Convertibles.

Looks like there are some very, very low numbers out there for Model Year 2009.
I know it has been a very long time for this post, just wondered where you got your numbers for the 09 Alloy color? I own a 2009 with stripe delete and was curious to see if those numbers are correct. I own a 68 GT500 in Sunlit Gold and that is 1 of 41 and of those 41 it is only one of six according to the shelby registry. Just wondering if my 09 is as lucky to be a low number. Thanks ahead of time.

nickf2005

Established Member
I know it has been a very long time for this post, just wondered where you got your numbers for the 09 Alloy color? I own a 2009 with stripe delete and was curious to see if those numbers are correct. I own a 68 GT500 in Sunlit Gold and that is 1 of 41 and of those 41 it is only one of six according to the shelby registry. Just wondering if my 09 is as lucky to be a low number. Thanks ahead of time.
7 year resurrection? JC himself would be impressed by that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Donald s

I have a 09 Grabber Orange GT500 with side stripes. The original window sticker says “over the top stripe delete” but lists an ebony tape stripe. I’m trying to figure out if that means mine is the one stripe delete or one of 19 with stripe. Can anyone help ?

Users who are viewing this thread