2009 GT500 vs 2003 cobra vert

gearhead08

Established Member
I just got my car back from being dyno tuned on E85 and a few extra mods so what do I do? I do the first thing any man with more power does. I call up my buddy to race his car, and we head to mexico. My mods are in signature my dyno said I am at 16lbs of boost which doesnt make sense because I am on a 2.4 pulley:shrug:. My buddys 03 cobra has 2.2KB on 100 octane with 19 degrees of timing with 20PSI making 623rwhp on a Mustang Dyno. Anyways long story short we did two runs. The first run we both started out in 3rd gear. I honked it off. Beep beep, and before the third beep he took the hit hard. By 4th I start reeling him in, but he has a car in front of him so he has to shut down. The 2nd race we both beeped then I stopped beeping and he went on his beep. He got the hit again. Not quite as hard though. This time he was in 2nd gear and I was in 3rd. I had no clue or I would of went down to 2nd gear this time. Long story short I run out 3rd gain a little back. Run out 4th and pull him even harder. It was a really cool run, mostly because his exhaust was right at my window at the beginning and his car sounded damn nasty

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
Good kill. Do you know why your buddy doesn't run E-85 also?

gearhead08

Established Member
At the time he spent alot of money on his car and didnt even think about E85. So I did my upgrades unknowingly it was it enough to support E85 till my tuner told me. So I went E85. I was just going to run 91 and torco.

gearhead08

Established Member
Pretty sure videos are being deleted by admins. I posted it twice now. I will repost in pics and vid section when i get home

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I'm envious...Heading back to the dyno in a couple of weeks after another round of mods, but no buddies to call up for a race...one sold his '98 S/C Cobra and the other has his 502 ci powered '71 Chevelle up for sale because of a pending divorce. All I get to do these days is go fast from stop light to stop light until I run into traffic. I need to move!

Users who are viewing this thread