2009 GT500 vs C7 Z06 - input needed

SD_GT

Reformed 5.bro
Established Member
*Forgive me if this isn’t in the right section, it’s racing related so I assumed this would be the right place.

It looks like one of my buddies is going to be picking up a manual C7Z with minor bolt-ons (Texas Speed CAI, headers and exhaust) and a tune and we’ve been talking some shit back and forth about whose car would beat who.

My car’s a Trinity swapped ‘09 with some bolt-ons, MGW short shifter, wotbox and BMR suspension bits. It pulls well in my opinion when it hooks.

I normally bully stock C7Z’s, how screwed am I with a bolt-on one?

Edit: Also planning to run a Katech H/C/I C6Z that made 560 on a dynojet. I fully expect to get smashed by this car but for whatever reason, the C7Z doesn’t seem like it would be as fast.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
You're not pullied and tuned? If so there's no way you are bullying even a stock C7Z... A full bolt on one is going to rape you

Last edited:

SD_GT

Reformed 5.bro
Established Member
You're not pullied and tuned? If so there's no way you are bullying even a stock C7Z... A full bolt on one is going to rape you

TVS 2.3, 2.4 pulley, Manley rods. +0.20 pistons, kooks LTH, catless x-pipe, JLT 123, VMP BAP, stock 13/14 injectors, wotbox, 91oct tune (15* of timing, 6800rpm limiter) and looking to get a dedicated 93 tune or 91+boostane tune soon.

Apologies for not accurately listing my current mods. Stock C7Z’s aren’t my concern lol - how would I stack up against this bolt-on one?

Users who are viewing this thread