2009 GTR or keep Whippled 03 cobra

black venom

Lthl SVT Poster
Established Member
Wanted to get an opinion of who would get rid of their 03-04 Whippled Cobra for a 2009 Nissan GTR.

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
dude come on...they are in a completely different league. Just because they both go fast doesn't mean they can be compared.

BTW, this sounds like a question a twelve year old would ask...sorry

Birdys03Cobra

Established Member
?!?!?!?! GTR alllll day, someone at the top of my street just bought a charcoal one, oh my they are so nice, wish i could afford one

Dickie

Arizona Heat Sux
Established Member
dude come on...they are in a completely different league. Just because they both go fast doesn't mean they can be compared.

BTW, this sounds like a question a twelve year old would ask...sorry

my thoughts exactly, can't even compare.

gtr is purpose built all around track car with all the latest technology and hefty price tag. i mean hell most test comparisons with the GTR are with the ZR1 and Porsche 911.

however, if you just want answer. hell yeah i would get the GTR.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Id prefer the Cobra over the GTR, but thats my personal preferance. Easier/cheaper to mod, and doesnt have as many "downfalls" as the GTR does.

Just my .02 :beer:

Dickie

Arizona Heat Sux
Established Member
Id prefer the Cobra over the GTR, but thats my personal preferance. Easier/cheaper to mod, and doesnt have as many "downfalls" as the GTR does.

Just my .02 :beer:

serious??

GTR has downfalls, please enlighten.

i know the tranny has some issues, but performance wise? i don't think there are any.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
How much are used GT-R's going for? Remember you could get a SRT10, Z06, 911T, Ferrari 355/360, and maybe even a Gallardo for close to the same price.

Niko_Fx

K51 Z33
Established Member
I'd take the GT-R if it was only GT-R or Mustang, but if I had the money I'd go for a C6 Z06 with THREE pedals, unlike the GT-R with the silly paddles....

Dickie

Arizona Heat Sux
Established Member
How much are used GT-R's going for? Remember you could get a SRT10, Z06, 911T, Ferrari 355/360, and maybe even a Gallardo for close to the same price.

last i check the GTR is under 100k. so ferrari and lambo's are definitely not in the running, infact i'm pretty sure a 911T goes for over 125k.

Dickie

Arizona Heat Sux
Established Member
I'd take the GT-R if it was only GT-R or Mustang, but if I had the money I'd go for a C6 Z06 with THREE pedals, unlike the GT-R with the silly paddles....

lol... wow.

silly paddles... those paddles murdered the C6 z06 around the nurburgring and the zr1 only beat it by a .30.

Dickie

Arizona Heat Sux
Established Member
oh my bad, i didn't know you meant used.

damn, i didn't even know all those cars used were under 100k.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
oh my bad, i didn't know you meant used.

damn, i didn't even know all those cars used were under 100k.

Well the OP said 2009 GTR so I'm assuming he means used as well. :beer: Good car for sure, but I couldn't buy one over a Gallardo or 997T.

Users who are viewing this thread