2010 2011 gt500 1-2 shift problem Poll

Do you have the 2010 2011 gt500 1-2 shift problem?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Do you have an issue with grinding or engagement on quick shifts on your 2010 or 2011 GT500 from 1st to 2nd? Please post your VIN so that we can forward this list to SVT to expedite a fix.

I know its' easy to just vote, but we need documentation to get SVT attention. Please call them also 1-800-Ford-SVT

I have an issue and want a TSB for it. I don't want my car to be an experiment, I want a documented fix.

Last edited:

MattR

Established Member
My car has 600 miles on it and over the weekend I decided to run it hard from first to second. I hit second just like I have in every other car I have ever owned and the shifter just plain refused to go in, nothing. Under normal driving it shifts very hard into second.

I plan on putting another 1000 miles on it and if the problem is still there I will take it in and get the problem documented.

1ZVBP8JS4B5133771

Last edited:

SHELBY-R

Established Member
Same problems here car has less then 150 miles on it 2011 gt500

vin#1ZVBP8JSXB5114402

Last edited:

SHELBY-R

Established Member
Same problems here car has less that 150 miles on it 2011 gt500

vin#1ZVBP8JSXB5114402

SVTeveN

SVT
Established Member
This is prob 1 of the worst things anyone would want to experience when paying 50k for a car. I've been shopping around for a 500 and this has kinda put a stop to it. Hope this can be resolved

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
You can put me on the list, 2010 that just hit 1000 miles yesterday.

This is a problem yes, but far less than "the worst thing anyone would want to experience when paying 50k for a car." The car is still the best Mustang I've ever owned or driven and even if this problem is never figured out, I believe worth every penny I paid. Now if it grinded every time you shifted, even under light load, it would be a serious problem that I couldn't live with, but since it only grinds when shifting under high RPM heavy load shifting, I deal with the grind if I have to. The complete failure to engage is a PIA, but it only does that to me when I flat out power shift which is something I don't do very often anyway. I don't even usually do that when racing, so it's again, not a problem I can't live with if I have to.

Last edited:

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
I have this problem when powershifting. During normal spirited driving I don't encounter this. I have logged it with the dealer but informed them I do not want it fixed until there is a TSB on the matter, and the dealer has performed the TSB at least once and verified it actually fixed the problem without inducing new issues. Yes, I am that guy. ~1K miles, 2011 GT500.

VIN 1ZVB P8J SXB5 110026

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
This is prob 1 of the worst things anyone would want to experience when paying 50k for a car. I've been shopping around for a 500 and this has kinda put a stop to it. Hope this can be resolved

If this is the worst problem these cars have, that's really not all that bad. This problem really does diminish/go away when the trans is warmed up, and I suspect is fixable with a change in lash adjustment in the transmission or a change to the syncro itself.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
If this is the worst problem these cars have, that's really not all that bad. This problem really does diminish/go away when the trans is warmed up, and I suspect is fixable with a change in lash adjustment in the transmission or a change to the syncro itself.

When my car is warm it's an issue.

Glad to see people posting.

Maybe an adjustment would fix it if some are not having problems. I hope so.

Last edited:

TheWanderer316

Established Member
Same here, grinds when shifting at high RPMs into 2nd, kinda embarrassing when people are in the car. Also, a few times when shifting at high RPMs into 3rd, it wont go in.

rbe4

Same problem...grinds when going from 1 to 2 at high RPM. 1,400 miles.

VIN: 1ZVBP8JS6B5103249

kevinp

Established Member
Mine does it too (2010 with 1700 miles), only 1-2 when trying to shift fast (never tried powershifting it). Seems to be getting better with more miles but it could just be me not trying to shift as fast. Seems worse when its hot.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I really got disenchanted this morning with this. I'm going to talk with the dealer Monday.

I wonder how many have brought this issue to the dealer so far.

Users who are viewing this thread