2010 Audi S4 vs Shelby GT500

primetime

Established Member
Was out running some errands yesterday... I was sitting at a light when a Shelby GT500 approached(not positive of the year but not brand new), he started to get into the turning lane but then decided to pull in the lane next too me instead of turning... His windows were up so I didn't get a chance to talk to him and at first I wasn't sure if he got over to see if I would run or he just wanted to go straight... Figured I would find out soon enough...

Well as the cross light goes yellow I hear him bring the revs up, so I knew it was on... I waited for our green and as soon as the light changed we both nailed it... I got a perfect launch and put a 1-2 car lead on him by the end of 1st gear... I ran the car through 2nd and 3rd gear before letting off at about 90-100ish... Pretty much maintained the same lead the whole way... He would gain slightly while in gear but lost a little ground on his 1-2 and 2-3 shift... He pulled up next too me and waived and I waived back... Wasn't the most exciting race but hadn't run any cars lately so I figured I would share...

My car is a 2010 S4 with the DSG tranny... Mods are 100 octane tune, pulley, HFC's, catback, and intake... Car went 12.06 at 117mph last year with just tune and catback... Installing an upgraded heat exchanger, pump and reservior this week... Car should go 11.7 or so as it sits now...

Deuuuce

Established Member
100 octane on the street too? Curious, any mods to the transmission from the tune like faster/harder shifting or is all that left alone?

PxTx

I like cars and bikes
Established Member
I'm an old school Audi guy. I still have a 4000 with a 5 cyl 20vt swap with many 034 Motorsports items. I was very surprised to read the positive Audi outcome here. Congratulations!

primetime

Established Member
100 octane on the street too? Curious, any mods to the transmission from the tune like faster/harder shifting or is all that left alone?

Yes... This isn't a daily driver and there are 4 stations locally that I can buy 100 from at the pump so I run that... I use it in my B5 and Mustang also... APR is set to release program switching soon so it will be a moot point soon... At this point no tranny mods... HPA is supposedly working on a tranny tune and I have a feeling APR may jump in the game since their the only ones to crack the new Simos ecu... This will help alot as I can only launch off idle currently, redline is 7K vs 7200 on a manual, and it should shift even faster... The 2011+ DSG's have LC built in but it is weak... Heck I cut low 1.7x 60's launching off idle so I am not doing too bad...

I'm an old school Audi guy. I still have a 4000 with a 5 cyl 20vt swap with many 034 Motorsports items. I was very surprised to read the positive Audi outcome here. Congratulations!

Nice! God I hate 034! I am running their HFC's and they suck... planning to swap out to full length eurocode headers... Just a pain as you have to yank the motor...

Yeah the car surprises most people... It's very fun to drive and very consistent... The sport differential allows it to handle much better than other AWD cars as it doesn't push much in the corners and feels more like a RWD car... I can even hang the rear end out around corners:rockon:

Tune and intake v new 5.0 GT
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmJk7HAgXP8"]‪2010 S4 quarter mile 101610 2‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

Don't have the 12.06 on vid, here is a 12.13... sorry about my drunk brother...
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v-vm6cTLsw"]‪2010 Audi S4 videos 2 ‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
were you on 100 octane for this race? Wouldn't think so but....What do you run on 91/93 tune?

primetime

Established Member
were you on 100 octane for this race? Wouldn't think so but....What do you run on 91/93 tune?

Yes I was on 100 as when APR first launched the tune you could only get one setting... They just released switching which gives you a stock, 91, 93, 100 and valet mode... Haven't sent mine in yet... Installing a huge front mount HE and upgraded pump next Monday so that should help with my IAT's in the summer that have been climbing in the 70-80c range... Car runs optimally with 40-50c IAT's and that is what the cooler will give me even in the summer heat... Then off comes the blower and it goes to Stiegmeir for porting... Then the headers... Car will go 11.5 this year at around 120...

Users who are viewing this thread