2010 camaro ss....wow!

mr.naldo

mr.naldo
Established Member
I dont know if its a repost but i found this video and i was pretty impressed:thumbsup:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJrR8QI9iaQ"]YouTube - Chevy Camaro SS Rips It Up with 13 sec 1/4 Mile![/ame]

What do you guys think:??:

99BOSS

Established Member
I still dont know why GM is calling the V8 model the SS. I thought the SS designation was for the over and above regular models. Like in the last gen the reg model was the Z28 and the SS was over that. Now they skip the Z28 altogether. I know that a Z28 model was initially planned possibly with the detuned ZR1 engine but why the flip flop of model names?

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
I still dont know why GM is calling the V8 model the SS. I thought the SS designation was for the over and above regular models. Like in the last gen the reg model was the Z28 and the SS was over that. Now they skip the Z28 altogether. I know that a Z28 model was initially planned possibly with the detuned ZR1 engine but why the flip flop of model names?

because only in the last generration camaro was the ss above the z28

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Yup, traditionally the Z28 was the top of the line package. They reversed it for the F-Bodies. All this switching has me confused sometimes too lol.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
because only in the last generration camaro was the ss above the z28
+1 :beer: I wonder why Chevy went back and forth? :??::shrug:
Pretty impressed? No.
Agreed, they are posting the same times as the F-Body's but with a faster trap speed. They shouldve just keep the GTO but with an LS3.
what a pile, the more I see it the more I hate that piece of dung...
Maybe you havent seen the 10' Mustang :lol1:

cranium

Cerebral Assassin!!
Established Member
I didn't see an actual track video just a corny burn out with the Edmunds caption at the bottom. I'm not hating but lets see some actual track footage with these low projected times thats all....

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member

It does not make sence but they have a 1-SS "base" a 2-SS "medium" and 3-SS "premium" with a aero lip package which is cool but it was a bad idea to not have a Z-28. The price goes from $22-23k for a V6 to $31-32k for a 1-SS

BlueSnake01

Established Member
It does not make sence but they have a 1-SS "base" a 2-SS "medium" and 3-SS "premium" with a aero lip package which is cool but it was a bad idea to not have a Z-28. The price goes from $22-23k for a V6 to $31-32k for a 1-SS
Chevy has always done that, look at the Vette C6. You have the LT1 package, LT2,3 etc. Ford does the same with the premium and deluxe packages.

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
why does the automatic and manual SS have a different engine (L99/LS3)? The cam and even the pistons are different, with a smaller cam and lower compression for the automatic. That doesn't make any sense, or does it? Isn't the L99 for trucks?

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
saw a V-6 yesterday and I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL!!!

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
The 4th gen SS started out as a Z28 and got shipped to SLP for the Hood, spoiler, power steering cooler and what ever options the buyer wanted. There really is no difference between the SS and Z28 besides looks and suspension.
why does the automatic and manual SS have a different engine (L99/LS3)? The cam and even the pistons are different, with a smaller cam and lower compression for the automatic. That doesn't make any sense, or does it? Isn't the L99 for trucks?

IIRC the auto got the L99 becuase it has DOD and it would boost the MPG for the auto but I;m not 100% sure on that.

And for the record I think the '10 SS sucks balls :nonono: I would much rather have a challenger but Ill stick with my lil '01 SS unless I can get a sucker to buy it for $13k so I can put a down payment on a C6 or 04-06 CTS-V :dancenana:

95 5OH

Established Member
I don't really care for the new maro, but that is the kind of video I like to see.
No bs talk, just vid, car sounds and numbers...

Lord Warlock

Established Member
The z28 was always planned to be released, up until the government had to bail GM out and they decided trying to convince the govmt and public that even though obama wants green cars, or high gas mileage cars, that the top of the line camaro was going to be a 500hp monster that got 14mpg. Which is why they decided to kill the z28. The SS was just supposed to be the v8 model under the z28. A 13.0 quarter doesn't suck, but it still isn't as fast as an 03/4 terminator or a shelby.

Users who are viewing this thread