2010 clutch testing @ NMRA ZMAX

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
So I put 570 miles on the new clutch install and wanted to test it out so what better way than to take it to zMax for the AllStar Nationals for NMRA and NMCA.

Running in True Street and the car puts down a solid 550 to the back wheels so its not a monster but for what I am doing it is consistant.

Made my very first past Friday with the new 2010 style TSB on my 09.

Car ran a 12.54. I was not happy, the car shifted funny into 2nd and then I missed 3rd. Maybe it was nerves but the next pass felt much better.

2nd run pulled a solid 12.07 with a little tire slip off the line so it is grabbing very well. 3rd pass was a 12.02.

Shifts feel much better and the 2nd gear issue seems to have passed. Maybe it just needs a hard launch to seat everything.

No more missed gears helps allot too.

We get 4 more runs Sunday, a practice then off for our cruise then back for the 3 back to back runs. Will keep you posted but so far I am happy with the TSB work done. During the break-in it was hard not to play but I gave it 500 miles of up and down shifts with mild starts & no dumps to break it all in.

chuckstang

Established Member
So I put 570 miles on the new clutch install and wanted to test it out so what better way than to take it to zMax for the AllStar Nationals for NMRA and NMCA.

Running in True Street and the car puts down a solid 550 to the back wheels so its not a monster but for what I am doing it is consistant.

Made my very first past Friday with the new 2010 style TSB on my 09.

Car ran a 12.54. I was not happy, the car shifted funny into 2nd and then I missed 3rd. Maybe it was nerves but the next pass felt much better.

2nd run pulled a solid 12.07 with a little tire slip off the line so it is grabbing very well. 3rd pass was a 12.02.

Shifts feel much better and the 2nd gear issue seems to have passed. Maybe it just needs a hard launch to seat everything.

No more missed gears helps allot too.

We get 4 more runs Sunday, a practice then off for our cruise then back for the 3 back to back runs. Will keep you posted but so far I am happy with the TSB work done. During the break-in it was hard not to play but I gave it 500 miles of up and down shifts with mild starts & no dumps to break it all in.

I hear ya, I waited as long as I could but I dumped my clutch at about 490 miles :bash:

I can't remember what sparked me to do it but I'm sure it was for a good cause lol

Users who are viewing this thread