2010 Cobalt & WRX

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
(copied and pasted from a local forum)

Last Thursday I was driving down 141 around the 21 area and a orange cobalt started riding my ass. So he pulled up net to me and demanded a 20 roll 3 honk, he was very excited and a younger guy so I can understand his state. We wait until traffic was not so bad and from 30 miles an hour I was in 2nd. Gave him the hit every time and the result was the same. Me by about 5+ cars by 90-100. He was extremely mad at himself for loosing because apparently he had beaten up a few other Cobras. He said it had an intake and possibly and exhaust. Im sure it would have been better if he had a tune.

Last night I was on 141 again this time going south and had just past 44 when again an even more aggressive WRX started riding my ass blowing his blow off with extreme authority. There was a decent amount of traffic and this guy was adamant on racing and being retarded. Right after we got past that one place he just hammers it and had to have gotten up to 120+ by the time we got to Hawkins. The whole time im blinking my light off/on to try to get him to slow down. Finally after Hawkins we meet up again from about 30 he does a 3 honk. I was not expecting this as there was a turn up ahead and I was in 3rd. But still I knew if I didn't go he would put the pedal to the floor until he reached terminal velocity. It was a surprising outcome to me, I pulled him again by 5+ cars. After that I caught the light at Bowles and 141 and stopped at the red light, thinking this would be a perfect time for his symmetrical AWD to shine. This fool must have been embarrassed because he pulled off and went right at Bowles, he could clearly see me at the light as I was the only one there.

sdg97232

Established Member
was it a ss/tc cobalt....my wife has a 08 ss/tc and it pulls on my buddys stock 07 sti from a roll. the only mod on the cobalt is a custom trifecta tune. oh and a "tad" more boost:-D......lol never mind maybe i sould read better you were driving the cobra....i get it..lol

Last edited:

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
lol, good kills, and well written. I enjoyed the subtle sarcasm.

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
It was a TC'd Cobalt. I have heard that a tune really wakes them up.

was it a ss/tc cobalt....my wife has a 08 ss/tc and it pulls on my buddys stock 07 sti from a roll. the only mod on the cobalt is a custom trifecta tune. oh and a "tad" more boost:-D......lol never mind maybe i sould read better you were driving the cobra....i get it..lol

rubicon04

SVT Poster
Established Member
Theres a Tc balt running around here with just a trifecta tune, hahn intercooler and pipes, and TBE trapping 113 ish. Very impressive for the few mods it has

sdg97232

Established Member
the 3" hahn exhaust is next on her "to get" list, its a very quick car just not that easy to launch even with the lsd..

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I raced a cobalt ss in my mach, it was one with the supercharger not turbo, it was hilarious hearing the whine when i went by him.

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
If they have an intake and a smaller pulley they sound like a baby terminator, same with the Saturn Ion red lines. Very torquey little vehicles.

I raced a cobalt ss in my mach, it was one with the supercharger not turbo, it was hilarious hearing the whine when i went by him.

Users who are viewing this thread