2010 GT 500 reving issue???

Cholli1976

Established Member
I recently had my car tuned and it has been running great. Last night I was just doing some normal driving and after sitting in traffic for about 15 minutes the idle would suddenly jump up as if I was free reving the engine. It would only go up to about 2500 rpm's and then immediately come back down. After doing this about six times, the check engine light came on but the car still ran fine. A few moments later, the little "wrench" lit up and then I couldn't rev the car at all. I turned the car off for a moment and started it back up. I was able to make it back home without the "wrench"light coming on again, but the check engine light remains on. I did notice when I was driving home at a constant speed the car felt like it was trying to briefly accelerate on its own. I will pull the codes with my tuner this evening, but was wondering if anyone else has heard of this before? Faulty part on the car or tune issue?

Thanks in advance

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Might just take a look and see if you can see if the air tube came disconnected or letting unmetered air somewhere in the intake tract or PCV system. How long since you've installed this tune?

Cholli1976

Established Member
Checked everything, it looks good. As far as the PCV system goes, I have 2 Bob's oil separators on the car. The tune was done about a month ago on the chassis dyno.

Willie

Established Member
Both codes are throttle based. I've seen both set also. P2104 is "informational", other codes should be addressed first. P2112 is a throttle actuator control code. Has to do with minimum throttle angle vs. commanded angle, I believe. The simplest and easiest first step would be to unplug your connector (opposite side from the TPS sensor), blow some compressed air into the connector and replug it, trying to make sure it seats. Personally, I use a product called Stabilant 22A. It's applied to tiny electrical contacts, primarily low voltage circuits where a fraction of a volt can make a difference. It is supposed to enhance connectivity, but it is extremely expensive. I have a 15mL bottle and it cost me over $90.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread