2010 Gt to GT500 Front End Conversion

2010stang

hello everyone, my name is Vlad, i am from the Pacific Northwest (Washington state) to be exact. I recently purchased a 2010 mustang GT premium... Believe it or not, but finding a decent one with low miles (17K) was really hard to find around here in good condition. Mine that i got was a Premium Addition with the Shaker sound system, i think its 1000W.

Anyhow I am new to the mustang Scene, I had a toyota echo for the longest time, than i made some financial decisions and prospered. I purchased a 2013 Fx4 super cab f150 Ecoboost. which i love by the way!!!
Than i bought a mustang and i LOVE IT!!!

I did not like the front end however and i decided to shell out some money for a front end conversion. I did not document it with pictures, rather i followed a PDF i found on one of the mustang forums, and i know there are a few posts on here that did the same thing. I will list my complete parts list here exactly from my invoice. I had my brother painted it, and I just completed the conversion today.
Here is a before & after

BEFORE:

20130819_141927_zpseb78af0e.jpg

AFTER:

20130820_171156_zpsd70d6b49.jpg

Tell me what you think of it? Personally I LOVE IT!! and as for the snake emblem, i took it off, it came off cleanly it was just double backed taped to the grill. I am having a buddy of mine CNC a special plate (since the grill is indented) this will bring out the indentation so i can apply a normal running stang emblem. More pictures to follow....

I apologize if i am doing something wrong. I know many forums have special ways of doing things. I am new to the mustang community and i know i will be a mustang owner for life. But please let me know if im doing something wrong...

Also i do plan to add a supercharger sometime in the early next year.
In a few weeks i will add the horse badge, and i will also be adding a new exhaust. Will post videos and images.

Also one thing i noticed was that i had to remove my factory strut brace, it wouldnt let the hood close... but i may find another one that will fit.
-vlad

rfreeman37

Established Member
I personally think it looks excellent!!!! I want to do the same thing to my 06 GT. CHange it to the 07 GT500 look that is. If you like it my man that's all that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread