2010+ GT500 Nav system in a 2003 Cobra......

03ZYSVT

Established Member
Any thoughts on this and can it be done? I really like the whole system and the Sync is something I like. What are y'alls thoughts on it and how much do you think it'd run to do this?

ModularFan

Established Member
Too much work for what its worth. go with a good aftermarket system, check out crutchfield.com

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
I have a pioneer Avic D3 with Bluetooth phone, iPod control, Sirius , and DVD player for the kids. The aftermarket is just as good or better in my opinion. The D3 is older but works great

Ironhand

Banned
I managed to fit the Shaker 500 headunit in my 03. I still have to finish the swap this spring but Im sure the Navi version could be added.
IMAG0552.gif

IMAG0553.gif

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
I have a pioneer Avic D3 with Bluetooth phone, iPod control, Sirius , and DVD player for the kids. The aftermarket is just as good or better in my opinion. The D3 is older but works great

^This. Plenty of good aftermarket selections. Plus the Sync lags from time to time.

03ZYSVT

Established Member
I had the Avic Z3 in my first 03 I had a while ago. I liked it, but I like the look and function of the new Nav system.
IronHand: That looks pretty good man. What all did you have to do to make it fit? Anything special?

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
I had the Avic Z3 in my first 03 I had a while ago. I liked it, but I like the look and function of the new Nav system.
IronHand: That looks pretty good man. What all did you have to do to make it fit? Anything special?
Id get an alpine IVA-W910BT. It trumps all others in functionality and such. You will spend a fortune just trying to get it to work right and properly in the car. If you feel the need to toss the money away then go for it but I just cant justify the cost difference.

Ironhand

Banned

I have to modify the radio, the radio support, and trim the dash panel. I still have to trim one more spot and it will fit like a glove. You also have to make a harness for it. Once it gets alittle warmer I will do a full write up on it.

Doesn't seem to match the lines of the interior or dash controls but it's all your taste

It looks better in person. My garage has overhead lights but my car has window tint so its hard to tell in those photos.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
If you want Sync, you might look at a car with it already.

You're gonna need modules, wires, controllers, sensors that your car's platform doesn't support, so you will have to custom wire, cut, build things.. etc.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I'm not 100% doing this, I just had a thought and wanted to see what everyone thought.

As others have already said, It's gonna cost a LOT. You would be better off with a comparable aftermarket set-up at half the cost or less. Save a grand or more, make car faster with saved money. win

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
Based on the vehicle in his sig I'm not sure he's entirely worried about the cost. Probably more of a general knowledge question.

Iron I think that looks great. I love the look of factory equipment. I personally like the new edge body style better, but do love some of the new technology so I'd also consider doing what you did.

black 10th vert

Established Member
The only way you could do it that would even be close to reasonably priced would be to take everything - head unit, harnesses, remotes, amps, etc. out of a wrecked car. Even then it would get pretty technical to get all to play nicely with your existing wire harness, speakers, etc. That isn't even talking about what a wrecking yard would likely want for a complete system like that! As others said, you can get everything that system does, and in many cases better from an aftermarket system, and not have to cut any of your wiring, dash, etc., and probably save at least a grand in the process.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread