2010 NBA Season thread

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
So, it's a little late but let's get it going!

What are the Heat going to do with the Big Three!

Will Kobe and the Lakers dominate the West?

Where will Melo go?

How bad are the Wizards?

Discuss!

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
The Heat will win about 60 games and lose in the conference finals. I really like Boston so far, Rondo has been great.

Like I said in the other thread, the East is going to be very competitive for the first time in years.

Melo won't get anywhere this year but he'll join Amar'e in NY after the season.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Man Miami put a beating on the Magic, although Howard looks like he's developed his offensive game a lot.

Once the rest of the team gets a little more used to his new game, they'll get better.

Did anyone else see Rondo's line last night? 10 pts, 10 rbds, 24 assists! That freaking nuts. If he keeps this going he will destroy the assist record.

04Machsy

Established Member
go NUGGETS!

now if only Melo could be happy with the blue he is wearing now

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Three games into the season the Heat gave Orlando a 26 point beating. This is just a glimpse of what this team is capable of (w/out Mike Miller).

D. Rose is nasty. And would like to see more John Wall! Kid is sick.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
John Wall is going to be special one day but he has a lot of work to do. He really need to work on his jump shot and cut the turnovers down. He is fun to watch

Rondo is just silly, he takes over a game without scoring and makes everyone better!

Coiled03

Established Member
I actually think the East will be more interesting than the West for the first time in a long time. It won't be the stronger conference, but it'll be more interesting, and certainly won't be the doormat to the West anymore.

I hate the Heat, but I do think they're gonna be scary in another 15 - 20 games. I'm also interested to see how Chicago will do once Boozer gets back. Maybe DRose will decide to play some defense and shoot some 3s this year.

I know I'm not going out on a limb or anything, but I think the Lakers are gonna take it all again.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I actually think the East will be more interesting than the West for the first time in a long time. It won't be the stronger conference, but it'll be more interesting, and certainly won't be the doormat to the West anymore.

I hate the Heat, but I do think they're gonna be scary in another 15 - 20 games. I'm also interested to see how Chicago will do once Boozer gets back. Maybe DRose will decide to play some defense and shoot some 3s this year.

I know I'm not going out on a limb or anything, but I think the Lakers are gonna take it all again.

I like the Bulls line-up with Boozer in there. They have some talent with Deng, Korver and Noah! D-Rose needs to learn how to play D cut his turnover down.

I think the Lakers are going back again for another. Matt Barnes and Steve Blake were great pick-ups for them and will be the difference

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
I like what I'm seeing from Lamar Odom so far. He said during the preseason that he was going to earn his ring this year and so far he is doing just that. With the addition of Matt Barnes and Steve Blake I think the Lakers are much more of a threat this year than last, at least from a bench point of view. The only thing that concerns me is the center position. Bynum is scheduled to come back in December but if the past is any indication chances are he won't last the season without being injured again. The reason why this concerns me is because I think Boston will once again win the east and the Lakers are gonna need a big body to put on Davis. If Bynum can stay healthy Lakers will threepeat if he's injured during the playoffs/finals it's a coin flip.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
i'm thinking a finals rematch with the Celtics taking it this year! however, the regular season will be a bit frustrating with Doc needing to pace the guys and limiting minutes. i love what Rondo has been doing so far. the lakers will once again be strong and with their additions there's no reason to believe they wont be coming out of the west.

.....and then theres the heat. will they win games? sure. but unless they can address their issues down low i can seem them going any farther than the conference finals. they need to add a real big man because bosh is not the answer. which of course is funny, because with all the "talent" they have, they still need one more piece. i mean, exactly how much does lebron need?

regardless, one of them is going to NEED to adapt their game, and it sure as hell wont be lebron. the reason it worked in Boston is you have 3 different types of players. wade and lebron are essentially the same player, and bosh is not the type of player you want playing down low. unfortunetly, wade is probly getting the short end of all this, and to be honest, i really question how long its going to last.

joeg215

Established Member
i'm thinking a finals rematch with the Celtics taking it this year! however, the regular season will be a bit frustrating with Doc needing to pace the guys and limiting minutes. i love what Rondo has been doing so far. the lakers will once again be strong and with their additions there's no reason to believe they wont be coming out of the west.

.....and then theres the heat. will they win games? sure. but unless they can address their issues down low i can seem them going any farther than the conference finals. they need to add a real big man because bosh is not the answer. which of course is funny, because with all the "talent" they have, they still need one more piece. i mean, exactly how much does lebron need?

regardless, one of them is going to NEED to adapt their game, and it sure as hell wont be lebron. the reason it worked in Boston is you have 3 different types of players. wade and lebron are essentially the same player, and bosh is not the type of player you want playing down low. unfortunetly, wade is probly getting the short end of all this, and to be honest, i really question how long its going to last.

At first I was slightly worried about not having a true power center. But, then I realized the playing style of both Wade and James. These two love attacking the basket. They love getting fouled (especially Wade). They make their living off of it. Most big centers we face will get into foul trouble in a hurry... The blowouts will continue.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sure the Mavs will be decent but probably won't make the playoffs.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
At first I was slightly worried about not having a true power center. But, then I realized the playing style of both Wade and James. These two love attacking the basket. They love getting fouled (especially Wade). They make their living off of it. Most big centers we face will get into foul trouble in a hurry... The blowouts will continue.

whats going to truly hurt them will be second chance opportunities and the ability to get their own. that plagued the Celtics last year, so they went out and addressed it. if opponents are getting two and three chances to score with each trip down the court, it doesnt really matter how much you score at your end.

snake134

Go pistons...here's to yet another rebuilding year. after watching them lose to the nets and thunder by 3, 1 points respectively i dont know how much more i can take of this

joeg215

Established Member
whats going to truly hurt them will be second chance opportunities and the ability to get their own. that plagued the Celtics last year, so they went out and addressed it. if opponents are getting two and three chances to score with each trip down the court, it doesnt really matter how much you score at your end.

I see what you're saying. You're definitely right, second chance points will hurt any teams chances of winning. I guess we'll see how they fare against some bigger opponents.

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
I'm sure the Mavs will be decent but probably won't make the playoffs.

Mavs will make the playoffs, they own reg. seasons, its the part after such that is a issue.

On the other hand the Rockets will not make it, at least not with a start of
0-4:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread