2010 R/T (5.7) Auto vs. Bolt On 3v

SuperSlow3v

Established Member
We'll i've know of this guy for a while kind of a funny story about him. The car he drives around is actually his girlfriends but he still wears mopar shirts and acts like it's his:rollseyes. Anyways on to the race story me and my friend were cruising on friday night actually looking for a turbo RSX we were supposed to run. When a blue R/T comes flying up and starts messing with me. I kind of grimaced because his car makes alot more power stock than mine. Well i Rev back to let him know i'm game and proceed to follow him out to the local abandon road that everyone races at. Still pretty nervous at this point his car sounds great. We get there and I roll fourty he follows up and starts honking. The first two honks come fast and anticipating the third one i jumped just a tad bit early. But it wouldn't really have mattered anyways. I jumped 2 car lengths on him and proceeded to walk out another car length up till 130 before i put the hazards on. He catches back up to me and asks for another from 25 i agreed. We start the roll again he honks and i spin the tires till the end of first and catch traction in second. Where i slowly walk out a car length till i shut it off again. He rides my ass back into town lol. I see him roll down his window and motion for me too pull over at a gas station. I park my car he parks next to me and gets out of his car kind of mad. So i get out too. As soon as he saw me calmed down quickly. Haha. We discussed mods. He had long tubes and full exhaust back. When I told him my mod list he was a little less mad about the losses. My cars full bolt ons with 3.55s. We shook hands and i normally talk to him when i see him around. :)

bokyo1987

Established Member
Good kill. Weight is a killer for those R/Ts.

Throwing on hazards just isn't my thing though lol.

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Put the hazards on? I'm guessing you used to drive a civic prior to owning a Mustang.

Rios302

Established Member
I use to have an 04 Mustang GT 5 speed with nothing but a catback and I never lost a race against an RT Challenger or Charger with a bolt on or two.

SuperSlow3v

Established Member
Put the hazards on? I'm guessing you used to drive a civic prior to owning a Mustang.

Hahah I didn't know it was really frowned upon. Nope no civics. This is actually my first car. My last vehicle was a Lifted jeep Tj geared and lockers. And then a Chevy z71. Everyone does it around here next time I won't haha.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Those r/t are a joke. It's weird how the owners usually think they're fast too. Good kill man, nice to bring people like that back down to earth.

What part of nm you from man?

Joewee500

Established Member
A friends dd is an auto R/T and for fun he ran a blistering 14.1 in the 1/4. Far from his 8 sec cutlass. He was still disappointed.

SuperSlow3v

Established Member
Those r/t are a joke. It's weird how the owners usually think they're fast too. Good kill man, nice to bring people like that back down to earth.

What part of nm you from man?

I was actually expecting something more from it, i guess weight kills! I'm from where the big Cave in the ground is at haha.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Hahah I didn't know it was really frowned upon. Nope no civics. This is actually my first car. My last vehicle was a Lifted jeep Tj geared and lockers. And then a Chevy z71. Everyone does it around here next time I won't haha.

Well congrats on the first car, but yeah don't do the flashers thing that's ricer shit lol

Jordang

Established Member
raced a SRT 8 Challenger in my 2001 Mustang GT with tune offroad H and magnaflow catback. He pulled on me but... only a car length.

Raced my buddies 2014 5.0 in the same car, by the time I got through the intersection he was almost out of sight. Not fast cars at all.

Users who are viewing this thread