2010 University of Maryland Spring Meet - May 2nd, 2010

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Sorry guys, I guess I should have done this a long time ago. Since I didn't go last year, haven't been thinking much about it lately.

Attendees:
1) Sunburned
2) FISHTAIL ?
3) blksvtCOBRA714
4) kingCOBRAsvt_99
5) F8LBITEva
6) Venimus03
7)
8) Cobra1923
9) SYMach1
10) svtrookie
11) Red Poison

cptfront10.jpg

2010 University of Maryland Spring Meet for Charity
hosted by College Park Tuning with help from Sigma Chi

• • Thousands of different cars
    • Dyno pulls
    • BBQ
    • Live DJ
    • 50/50 Raffle
    • Raffle Prizes
We will be asking for 1(or more) non-perishable food item per person as they enter the lot. If you forget to bring an item or prefer not to, we will collect a $1 donation on your way into the lot. All the donations collected from admission, food sales and the 50/50 raffle are going to be donated to Martha’s Table (Martha's Table | Serving the needs of the Washington, DC community through food, learning, healthy living, recreational and family support services.).

University of Maryland – College Park Campus, Parking Lots 9 & 11. Overflow parking at the View and Lot 4
*Once these lots fill up they become exit only for the rest of the day (this is a police rule we have to follow)*
Directions to Campus Map of parking
*Expect heavy traffic, we are sorry for this inconvenience and will be trying to move people in/out of the meet as quickly as possible*

Date
Sunday, May 2nd, 2010

Time
Noon, 12:00 pm. If you show up before this time you will NOT be let into the parking lot
We usually start packing things up at 7pm

Food
• BBQ, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs on the grill
• Soft drinks and other refreshments
*There will be a separate place just for water*

Dyno
• $75.00 for 2 - 3 baseline pulls w/ A/F and printout. FWD or RWD only
• If you are interested in dynoing your car, please send an email to [email protected] or follow this [ame=http://www.collegeparktuning.com/showthread.php?t=2478] link[/ame]. We are trying to have people pre-register for the dyno.

Basic Rules
1. Be respectful of other peoples cars. Please do not touch a persons car without their consent
2. No tents
3. No alcohol
4. No grills (you can bring other food or drinks)
5. No scandalous attire (this is a family event)
6. Chairs are permitted everywhere but a parking space
7. No saving spaces (You might wind up next to a Honda or a Ferrari and maybe make a new friend)
8. No burnouts or anything stupid. Police will be at the event and patrolling the surrounding roads.

The Last four years meets were great successes. Thank you to everyone who came out and supported us! We look forward to seeing you all again!

Last edited by a moderator:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Last time I went this was fun. I'd like to go again, but we'll see. Lots of stuff going on right now.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Ill probably go, but whats up with rule #5? :shrug:

Who knows, the people running it this year aren't the brightest... Two years ago, they had those 'models' aka anorexic, unattractive asian girls with CPT shirts all cut up and crap and all the CPT guys loved it except for a choice few of us.

Jose, you can wear whatever you please lol.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Is there a way that we can get into this event without having to wait in line for an hour??? Possible to have 3 or 4 entrances into the lot rather than just one?

cobra1923

Established Member
Is there a way that we can get into this event without having to wait in line for an hour??? Possible to have 3 or 4 entrances into the lot rather than just one?

Seriously, I think that's what made me snap last year and leave so early. Too hot and just sat there. Maybe this year I'll make it to the actual show.

We going to try and meet and cruise down together?

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
If anyone in NoVa wants to meet up, there are usually some people who meet at Tysons corner mall where at the movie theater, on the Top parking deck ( not the food court side, but the other one where Friday's is) Maybe meet up around 1030 and leave around 10:50am that way we have about an hour to drive and get there and get a good spot in line. And maybe on the road catch some MD people on the way?

Directions: FROM VIRGINIA AND POINTS WEST
Take I-66 East or I-270 South to Washington, D.C.'s Capital Beltway (I-495). Go East on I-495 toward Baltimore/Silver Spring. Take Exit 25 (U.S. 1 South toward College Park). Proceed approximately one mile south on Route 1; take the exit for 193 West (University Boulevard). At the first light, turn left onto Paint Branch Drive. The Comcast Center will be on your right.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member

Dwight, believe me, you aren't the only one with this complaint. I mean I guess it's the nature of the beast. You get a show that gets this many people to show up and you have problems with where to put everyone.

The deal is with UMD DOT pretty much. The lots we've been using the past few years are the only ones they will let us use. Every year, we've tried to get Lot 1, which means 3-4 times the space and 3-4 entrances, and every year they turn us down for one stupid reason or another. Myself and a few other alumni have really pushed the CPT officers to lobby again to get lot one, and some alumni have even offered to present it to the school for them, but I'm not sure if it'll happen. Ask Tim, it's kind of sad how once the original leaders left, nobody really took over as strong as the OG crew.

The only thing I can say you should do is get there even earlier. We actually got lots of complaints that one year that we let the 'Cobra group' cut in front of everyone in line (hilarious though :rockon:). Other groups are starting to get organized like we are with the donations and stuff, so we really can't be asking for special treatment.

As for the heat, we can't turn down the sun. Would you rather have it rain during the meet? Also, isn't just sitting around the big part of a car show/meet anyway? We have the dyno to watch, tons of cars to look at, we can't provide entertainment, just not in the budget and there is no space.

Venimus03

Established Member
I would say we should just try to arrive to the show earlier and beat the rush.

Users who are viewing this thread