2011-2012 Magnaflow Competition vs 2013-2014 Magnaflow Competition

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
I picked up a set of the black quad tip Magnaflow competition pipes a couple weeks ago. I am curious whether the "muffler" in the 2011-2012 Magnaflow competition series is really a muffler at all and do I need to be concerned about an increase in the volume to my exhaust? It's already pretty dang loud and for the sake of getting a ticket I don't want it getting any louder.

I was hoping since they were both the competition series that the output would be roughly the same...:idea:

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hi, our Competition systems use mufflers that are smaller, but will contain more packing material than glasspacks, or most other bullet-style mufflers. If you are comparing to the stock exhaust, the Competition systems will be a bit louder. Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions about this.

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
Hi, our Competition systems use mufflers that are smaller, but will contain more packing material than glasspacks, or most other bullet-style mufflers. If you are comparing to the stock exhaust, the Competition systems will be a bit louder. Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions about this.

PM sent!

Users who are viewing this thread