2011 5.0 Conv, 6-Sp's Manual, 3.55 - Suspension help

HrsePwr

Established Member
Ok guys I'm looking for some suspension help to ensure I'm getting low 60' .

I took car bone stock to the track , full tank of gas ( 2011,5.0,manual,3.55,convertible )
it did 13.4 @ 107 mph ( took off on idle , 60' was a 2.1 )

im aiming for 11.80-12.00 times.

Wheel hop hop was horrible with this car. I have installed Lower control arms and a steeda upper control arm. Wheel hop is gone.

Suspension : I'm thinking of : Steeda Ultra Lights or Eibach Pros with Koni Str.8 or Yellow adj. shocks ? Also Eibach front & rear sway bars.

Tires : I'm thinking of getting a NT05r in 19's ?
or a set of race stars with Mickey 275/50/17's ?

Mods will be :

tuned
o/r h or x pipe
jlt or airraid cai
aluminum drive shaft

will add a bbk tb and boss manifold later.
and also once car is dialled in n/a, I will spray a 100 shot .

suggestions ?

Mark Aubele

Established Member
Making the suspension stiffer will certainly not help your 60'. I'm not saying that you can't have a decent 60' and maintain decent handling, but running the car with the stock setup and no front sway bar will be worlds ahead of the setup you posted.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Ok guys I'm looking for some suspension help to ensure I'm getting low 60' .

I took car bone stock to the track , full tank of gas ( 2011,5.0,manual,3.55,convertible )
it did 13.4 @ 107 mph ( took off on idle , 60' was a 2.1 )

im aiming for 11.80-12.00 times.

Wheel hop hop was horrible with this car. I have installed Lower control arms and a steeda upper control arm. Wheel hop is gone.

Suspension : I'm thinking of : Steeda Ultra Lights or Eibach Pros with Koni Str.8 or Yellow adj. shocks ? Also Eibach front & rear sway bars.

Tires : I'm thinking of getting a NT05r in 19's ?
or a set of race stars with Mickey 275/50/17's ?

Mods will be :

tuned
o/r h or x pipe
jlt or airraid cai
aluminum drive shaft

will add a bbk tb and boss manifold later.
and also once car is dialled in n/a, I will spray a 100 shot .

suggestions ?

Instead of just "throwing" parts at the car, why don't you pick someone like BMR, UPR or Steeda and get their advice. Suspension is designed to work as a system. You might find yourself buying things two or three times just to get the setup that works for you.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Interesting, yours ran about what mine ran stock with a strong tune, I'm @ 5800ft elevation though. Your proposed mods just about mirror mine except (-) the spray.... I'm on Nt05R (285/40/18), so similar tire too. Our track hasn't opened yet for the year (this coming weekend..) So I haven't run with the driveshaft, or O/R exhaust yet (On3 3" X). Does yours have a bar or 6 point? Also, what does your weigh?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread