2011 F150 Motors and Harley Edition

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
It's funny to see the ecoboost match the tq numbers of the 6.2.
Pretty sweet little engine!
Interesting to see Ford go from being behind in everything in class on the F-150 with the 5.4 and 4.6, to being top dog with this new line-up.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Hmmm...just wonder how long the ecoboosty will last on jobsites while being beat with on/off throttle and WOT mashes while towing on short trips and in 4x4 scenarios. Still happy to see this line up. Now only if ALL new f150's had strong looking fenders similiar to the raptors.....

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Now that is impressive, the EcoBoost V6 has the exact same towing capacity as the 6.2!? Wow...

fef150.jpg

"Finally, the 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 brings turbocharging and direct injection to the truck lineup. The F-150's EcoBoost will be available in every trim level from the XL to Platinum and match the 11,300-pound towing capacity of the 6.2-liter V8 while offering 20 percent better fuel efficiency than the old 5.4-liter V8. The EcoBoost's composite intake manifold has been redesigned from earlier versions and the exhaust manifolds are now cast-iron. The turbochargers have also been revised from the units found on Ford's passenger cars to withstand a truck's tougher duty cycle."

Last edited:

RAWRIGHT

Established Member
I don't really care for the look of the Harley Edition. I'm planning on ordering a 2011 6.2 Raptor before the end of the year.:banana: Unless I find one on a lot options the way I want it, which I doubt is going to happen.

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
Don't know if anyone saw this in the article but:

Following Ford's presentation, we were taken to an engine dynamometer lab where an F-150's EcoBoost V6 was set up. The engine was not taken up to full power in front of the media, but we did see it go up to 4,000 rpm where it was held for about 10 minutes with an output of 410 lb-ft and 310 hp. Under those conditions it will hold 16 psi of boost with the turbos spinning at 175,000 rpm and a turbo temperature of 1,700 degrees F.

I can't wait to see what kind of ecoboost engine lies in the future of the mustang!

Users who are viewing this thread