2011 Grand-Am Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona

THE_STIG

Established Member
New year, new race season, first big one of the year is the Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona (January 29-30 on SPEED TV). Who is going to watch it? Who you pulling for? I am stoked about Flying Lizard's entry into the DP class, they always do well in the GT class and they are running the Overall winning Brumos Porsche Riley DP with Patrick Long, Seth Neiman, Johannes van Overbeek and Joerg Bergmeister as a line-up. I think they have a great chance of doing it this year with the help from Action Express and Riley Technologies in getting the car set up. As far as GT, i'm pulling for the TPN Racing/Blackforest team, they are running a 2011 Mustang GT, I am curious to see how the mustang does upon its reentry into the Grand-Am Rolex series.

Discuss...

Last edited:

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
What channel is it being broadcast? I would love to be able to follow/watch the Grand-Am for once.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Haven't been able to follow it at all, but doesn't Ford have some new thing going in there with the Coyote motors?

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
i will be there.... ****ing annihilated. :rockon:

Lucky! I have gone 2 out of the past 3 years....wanted to go so bad this year. The last time I went, we rented an RV for the 6 of us. I had such a good time that I puked on the plane ride home to dallas....twice.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
New year, new race season, first big one of the year is the Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona (January 29-30 on SPEED TV). Who is going to watch it? Who you pulling for? I am stoked about Flying Lizard's entry into the DP class, they always do well in the GT class and they are running the Overall winning Brumos Porsche Riley DP with Patrick Long, Seth Neiman, Johannes van Overbeek and Joerg Bergmeister as a line-up. I think they have a great chance of doing it this year with the help from Action Express and Riley Technologies in getting the car set up. As far as GT, i'm pulling for the TPN Racing/Blackforest team, they are running a 2011 Mustang GT, I am curious to see how the mustang does upon its reentry into the Grand-Am Rolex series.

Discuss...

What channel is it being broadcast?

Bolded for the answer......

:poke:

moot09

Established Member

Discuss...

Thought that was cool as well.

Looking forward to seeing how the '11 GT does against the Camaros. They ran pretty strong last year from what I remember.

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
Bolded for the answer......

:poke:

homer-simpson-doh.jpg

roushcobra2003

Established Member
Do you guys know any good websites to keep updated or to read up on the Rolex series? I'm trying to get into it up have no idea where to start.

moot09

Established Member
Do you guys know any good websites to keep updated or to read up on the Rolex series? I'm trying to get into it up have no idea where to start.

SPEED's website should have more than enough info on it, or at least links to other sites.

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
Bergmeister (sp?)/Flying Lizard team is dominating so far. That's a fast Porsche they got there, built up a +16 sec lead rather quickly.

PureStang

Established Member
i would be watching, but my cable at school doesnt offer Speed in the 1st tier package, and im not willing to pay 50+ more for 1 channel lol

VADER*

*the original
Established Member
i was there today, that porsche in your sig was flying. i didnt see any mustangs, maybe i just missed them. Were there new Camaros running? they didnt sound so good. I may head back tomorrow.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
FYI, the TPN Racing/Blackforest team Mustang was withdrawn before the race with technical difficulties. Hopefully we will see it next race in the Rolex series. I'm very curious how it is setup to race in the Rolex series as its closest competitor is a tube-frame Camaro.

Users who are viewing this thread