2011 gt owners

black01mustang

a new z06 will be mine
Established Member
Well I'm thinking of trading in the 03 cobra for a new mustang and the dealers wont budge on sticker for gt500 so looks like im looking at a 2011 gt. I was wondering what you're thoughts are on the car and if any of you have switched from an 03-04 to 2011 did you have any regrets?

stang1971

Established Member
Well I'm thinking of trading in the 03 cobra for a new mustang and the dealers wont budge on sticker for gt500 so looks like im looking at a 2011 gt. I was wondering what you're thoughts are on the car and if any of you have switched from an 03-04 to 2011 did you have any regrets?
i went from a 04 cobra to my 2011 gt.

do i miss the cobra? only the blower whine..THATS IT!!

this car is light years ahead in styling... interior... braking... the only thing the cobra has above the gt is raw power. go drive one.. only you can decide if the switch is right for you.... i dont regret it one single bit... i get way more looks in this car then the cobra.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
I've never owned an 03-04 Cobra, but I have several Mustangs over the years.

You WILL NOT regret this Mustang. Everything you THINK you know about a
Mustang, throw that out the window. This isn't the same car anymore...:rockon:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I went from a Posi ported blower '04 Cobra to my '11 GT and I love my new car!

I will always miss my '04 Cobra, but this car is a much better all around car!

10thcoupe

Banned
agreed youll miss the blower sound adn pull but thats it, thats y whipple made a blower for the 5.0

GM H8R

Just a GT
Established Member
I love mine. It's a wonder i've not gotten a ticket yet. These machines are animals. I can't compare them to a Terminator but they're no punks for sure.

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
Had a 96,97 and 03 Cobra. No regrets. Ford did an excellant job with the 5.0
Stock performance is outstanding

black01mustang

a new z06 will be mine
Established Member
Well i pulled the trigger got a white gt/cs with everything except nav for 35.5 out the door. So i got invoice on it. And you guys werent kidding the Interior is 1 million times better than my 03

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Well i pulled the trigger got a white gt/cs with everything except nav for 35.5 out the door. So i got invoice on it. And you guys werent kidding the Interior is 1 million times better than my 03

is that before or after tax? congrats on the new purchase, I love the C/S 5.0's

99f1fifty

Established Member
I recently bought a 2011 Mustang Gt and I love it. My older brother has an 03 cobra with basic bolt ons such as pulley tune and exhaust. I was surprised with how the new 5.0 ran with it! But that wasn't enough I wanted my car a little bit faster and decided to put a procharger on it with magnaflows 3" competition series catback and x-pipe with factory cats. I love the 03 & 04 cobras but the 5.0 is definitely a lot more fun to drive with the procharger than the cobra is to drive..or to me at least! Here is a video of the car doing a burnout. I have a 2 more videos of the car posted on youtube.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iojf4k6sdj8&feature=related"]YouTube - 2011 Procharged Mustang Gt[/nomedia]

black01mustang

a new z06 will be mine
Established Member
I recently bought a 2011 Mustang Gt and I love it. My older brother has an 03 cobra with basic bolt ons such as pulley tune and exhaust. I was surprised with how the new 5.0 ran with it! But that wasn't enough I wanted my car a little bit faster and decided to put a procharger on it with magnaflows 3" competition series catback and x-pipe with factory cats. I love the 03 & 04 cobras but the 5.0 is definitely a lot more fun to drive with the procharger than the cobra is to drive..or to me at least! Here is a video of the car doing a burnout. I have a 2 more videos of the car posted on youtube.

YouTube - 2011 Procharged Mustang Gt

Sounds good! The more I drive this car the more I realize I definitely made the right choice. Gives me so much more confidence in turns than my cobra did because all the weight at the nose made it want to push. Plus the interior is WAY better.

Blue03

Established Member
I love my '03 Cobra and thankfully can keep it but the new 5.0 was the first Mustang GT I have ever thought "I have to have one".........Drove one and ordered a Kona blue '11 GT. Should see it in another week or so, absolutely love the 11 GT. Ironically, I paid 33K out the door for my Cobra when I bought it and my new GT is $32.5K and has 22 more rated HP out of the box. Not to mention improvements in almost every area.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Never ever would I give up my 03 for a newer one... never.

That's your prerogative... Although I really don't understand why you would
come in this thread just to say that... because we really don't care to be
honest with you... I don't anyway...:shrug:

Don't be so closed minded...:read:

Users who are viewing this thread