2011 GT Vortech install done, Big Numbers!

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
I heard Richard and the guys at Strictly finally popped their Nitrous motor which was close to 700RW, not sure if it was a malfunction with the NOS kit or too big a shot?

700rw is not a bad "limit" for a stock motor. most of us will not approach that with our cars. i have a bad ass 96 GT turbo 4v for that.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Wow, assasinator, that was harsh towards grnenvy. No need to hate. Have a coke and a smile. :beer:

Last edited:

assasinator

Established Member
Wow, assasinator, that was harsh towards grnenvy. No need to hate. Have a coke and a smile. :beer:

well i get sick of experts talking about the weakness of the coyote. sorry to everyone if i was too harsh.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
well i get sick of experts talking about the weakness of the coyote. sorry to everyone if i was too harsh.

Not to mention that same guy has spouted nonsense in at least three threads, talking about how the motors would blow up with 9 psi and how the blowers are to big for the motors.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Who are you? and where did you come from? ive never heard of you in the 2011 GT tuning /engineering world. what experience with coyote's do you have? where is your proof they are blowing up? i want specifics.

if you dont have anything but baseless charges shut up. if you have specifics i wanna know. everyone else needs to know the limits too. you seem to know them. well?

why would a large blower be added to the coyote? for and forced induction expert, you should know why. airflow in lbs/minute. just because it runs 7psi doesnt mean a coyote can use a 45mm turbo/centri. come on man. explain it to me please. you know things i dont.

might ask the same question to you..

the limits are now being pushed and power adders are being tested as are other aftermarket parts...
time will tell with a high compression motor like the Coyote which will be the safest way to build boost and how much it will take..just like every other new platform of performance vehicles did in the past

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Grn knows and has done more than you think. He keeps anlow profile online. No worries. It's gonna be fun to watch the limits be pushed.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
There's a guy in the Terminator section that's running a High compression Aluminator Block with his twin screw, so far so good, next tune he's looking for 20lbs of Boost, granted the internals are better but the motor is 10.1.. and he got 665 with 14lbs!

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

High compression and boost isn't anything new! When I was running in the Renegade class back in the early 90s some of the cars were running a half second faster then the rest of the class. After looking into It I found out how it was compression. Most were running 8:1 then they stepped it up to 10:1 and they were flying but at a cost. Most had major motor problems until all the bugs were worked out. If your willing to put a new motor in such a new car then have fun learning! I'm not.

assasinator

Established Member
might ask the same question to you..

the limits are now being pushed and power adders are being tested as are other aftermarket parts...
time will tell with a high compression motor like the Coyote which will be the safest way to build boost and how much it will take..just like every other new platform of performance vehicles did in the past

me? i am nobody. ive been building motors and racing cars(mustangs) since 85. these days i build turbo modulars. its for me and for fun. im pretty satisfied with the results ive gotten over the years. current build is a 1000+hp shortblock. probably keep it in the 1000hp range, but you never know if you want more.

my point, that you jumped into if i might add, was that nobody really knows the limits. is the coyote some indestructable engine? well heck no. But it does have some DCR tuning range, that should allow more boost for its static compression, that earlier modulars do not have. telling folks they are gonna blow up at "this horsepower or that horsepower" before anyone really knows is premature.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
High compression and boost isn't anything new! When I was running in the Renegade class back in the early 90s some of the cars were running a half second faster then the rest of the class. After looking into It I found out how it was compression. Most were running 8:1 then they stepped it up to 10:1 and they were flying but at a cost. Most had major motor problems until all the bugs were worked out. If your willing to put a new motor in such a new car then have fun learning! I'm not.
It's not my car, I own the 99 Cobra, the customer wanted a Vortech on his
011 right off the showroom floor and it was accomplished, the tune is safe and on the Fat side so hopes are it will run good for awhile, I think at this boost level and denser air charge with the Intercooler it'll be OK:beer:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
me? i am nobody. ive been building motors and racing cars(mustangs) since 85. these days i build turbo modulars. its for me and for fun. im pretty satisfied with the results ive gotten over the years. current build is a 1000+hp shortblock. probably keep it in the 1000hp range, but you never know if you want more.

my point, that you jumped into if i might add, was that nobody really knows the limits. is the coyote some indestructable engine? well heck no. But it does have some DCR tuning range, that should allow more boost for its static compression, that earlier modulars do not have. telling folks they are gonna blow up at "this horsepower or that horsepower" before anyone really knows is premature.

this is a discussion forum...jumping in is always acceptable ..I just wanted to know who you were and what your qualifications are for you to have delievered your opinion in the manner that you did..

we are all learning together about the capabilities of this motor..but it is our job as "experts" to push the limitations so the customers can benefit from what we learn..eventually the info will be there but until then there is going to be speculation..it will be voiced and discussed.. and opinons will vary

it is great to see the "experts" taking the time to post the results to date of what they are doing and finding out..

Users who are viewing this thread